Monthly Recap: August 2017
The month of August had noteworthy events:
- Amazon and WholeFoods merged on August 29th, leading with deals in store and online.
- Snapchat ($SNAP) tanked over 14% after missing earnings expectations, adding to a total year to date loss of 23.7%
- Disney traded down after a weak earnings report and Netflix pulled back after Disney announced it would remove all of its content from the streaming service.
- Hurricane Harvey brought much devastation to southern Texas, creating an increase in gas prices throughout the country.
- After various CEO’s stepped down from the Manufacturing Council, President Trump ultimately dismantled the group.
- The S&P 500 hit various lows throughout the month of August.
- North Korea continued to make threats, and launches missile over Japan. China said it would stop imports to North Korea if threats continue.
Financial market data and brokerage services provided by Third Party Trade LLC, Member FINRA & SIPC. Third Party Trade LLC is a subsidiary of Third Party Technologies Inc. Check the background of Third Party Trade LLC on FINRA’s BrokerCheck. Jellifin Financial, Inc. is NOT a broker-dealer or investment advisor.
Jellifin does not provide investment, tax, or legal advice. Electronic trading poses unique risk to investors. System response and access times may vary due to market conditions, system performance and other factors. Options involve risk and are not suitable for all investors as the special risks inherent to options trading may expose investors to potentially significant losses. Please read Characteristics and Risks of Standardized Options before deciding to invest in options. All investments involve risk and the past performance of a security, or financial product does not guarantee future results or returns. An investor should understand these and additional risks before trading. For additional questions, please contact our customer service department at email@example.com. For all brokerage related questions, please contact Third Party Trade LLC at firstname.lastname@example.org.