Weekly Recap: 7/31–8/4
- The U.S. dollar index bounced off 14 month lows after data showed that the U.S economy created more jobs than expected
- The Dow Jones Industrial Average reached all time highs, passing the 22,000 mark
- Bitcoin’s blockchain split into two separate entities, creating a competing currency called “Bitcoin Cash.”
- The July jobs report showed the addition of 209,000 nonfarm payrolls, crushing consensus expectations of 181,000
- Yelp (YELP 40.05, +8.68), GrubHub (GRUB 52.62 +4.37), GoPro (GPRO 9.85, +1.59), and Weight Watchers (WTW 41.39, +8.31) earnings reports dominated the headlines
Jellifin is a financial technology company, which allows individuals to trade U.S. equity options commission free. To learn more and signup for early access visit Jellifin.com.
Financial market data and brokerage services provided by Third Party Trade LLC, Member FINRA & SIPC. Third Party Trade LLC is a subsidiary of Third Party Technologies Inc. Check the background of Third Party Trade LLC on FINRA’s BrokerCheck. Jellifin Financial, Inc. uses Third Party Trade LLC to provide you access to your personal brokerage accounts to view corresponding account positions, balances, and order history, or facilitate communication of messages that contain order information to brokerages services. Jellifin Financial, Inc. is NOT a broker-dealer, brokerage, brokerage service, advisor, or financial planner.
Jellifin does not provide investment, tax, or legal advice. Electronic trading poses unique risk to investors. System response and access times may vary due to system performance and other factors. Options involve risk and are not suitable for all investors as the special risks inherent to options trading may expose investors to potentially significant losses. Please read Characteristics and Risks of Standardized Options before deciding to invest in options. All investments involve risk and the past performance of a security, or financial product does not guarantee future results or returns. An investor should understand these and additional risks before trading. For additional questions, please contact our customer service department at email@example.com. For brokerage related questions, please contact Third Party Trade LLC at firstname.lastname@example.org.