Castle Rock Riverwalk Project Begins in Early 2017
Ready or not… here comes the Castle Rock Riverwalk Project!
The development plan was recently approved by Castle Rock’s Town Council. Buildings in the development will face Wilcox Street near Festival Park. Confluence Companies, a land development company based in Golden, CO, is known for its high-quality construction that blends well within existing communities.
- 228 apartments with ground level retail and restaurant spaces
- 30,000 square feet of office space
- 10,000 square feet of retail space
- 328 parking spots
The Castle Rock Riverwalk Project has an estimated $60 million budget, and construction is slated to begin in early 2017. If the project remains on schedule, it should be complete by the end of 2018.
New Parking Spots to Help With Traffic Congestion
According to an article published on KDVR — Fox 31 Denver’s website Castle Rock Approves new $60 Million Mixed-Use Development, residents are voicing concern that the Riverwalk redevelopment project, along with all of the other recent and proposed development in the area, might contribute to congestion and traffic issues in the area. However, the Riverwalk project takes these concerns into consideration by adding more than 300 new parking spaces.
The parking spaces will include a combination of a parking lot under each building, street parking and parking that is located behind the retail sections of the development.
The Fox 31 article also indicates that current residents enjoy the small, hometown feel that the community currently offers, but realize that development, expansion and revitalization is inevitable. The owner of Confluence Companies is quoted in the article as saying that the project is meant to help revitalize the area and create a vibrant mixed-use development where people can live near their place of employment — and to also have an opportunity to walk to restaurants and retail establishments.
Stay Informed About Development Activity
Anyone interested in learning more about current and future development plans within the community, including the Castle Rock Riverwalk Project and the new Forty on Meadows town home complex are welcome to contact the planning department via e-mail or phone at (303) 660–1393.
The planning department also offers several methods for staying informed about development activity including:
- An online map that provides specific areas in which development projects are underway. The information on the map is kept current and provides information on current and proposed utility, residential, non-residential, recreation and street projects.
- An interactive map that allows users to enter a specific address to find information related to zoning, parks and recreation, road closures, community resources and more.
- A public notices calendar which lists information about public and neighborhood meetings.
- An electronic newsletter which contains information related to development, community services, the local economy, and more.
All of the above is easily accessible on the Town of Castle Rock’s planning department’s webpage.
Photo Credit: Confluence Companies
Originally published at castlepines-realestate.com on November 7, 2016.