New York City, NY
Write Code. Fight for Justice.
Access to justice is a huge, global problem. In the U.S., 86% of folks who need legal help don’t get it because they can’t afford a lawyer. Everyday, we read about victims of natural disasters who have lost everything, families who have been separated by immigration bans, or Dreamers who face deportation from the only home they’ve ever known. These stories and so many others are stark reminders of just how critical access to legal services is for our communities.
At Paladin, we envision a future where a global network of attorneys and legal organizations work together to deliver pro bono services to every person who needs them. We are building a diverse team of dreamers, design thinkers, visionary coders and justice warriors to create that future. We are fresh out of Techstars, venture-backed, revenue-generating, fired up and ready to go.
Sound like fun? Join us!
Today, our software is in the hands of Fortune 500 corporate legal teams. This year, we are rolling out to top tier law firms and bar associations. We are looking for a full-stack engineer who is looking to take the next big step in their career and make a serious impact on an early-stage team.
This is the type of person we are looking for:
- You are excited about our mission. When you stack rank criteria for your next job, mission is at or near the top of the list. You have a lot of weird ideas about how tech can make society better.
- You love to code. You’ve been programming two-ish years and you’re pretty sure you’ve found your vocation.
- You are ready to level up. You have a few projects under your belt and you’re ready to apply what you’ve learned to a big new challenge.
- You like people. Having good relationships with your users and your colleagues makes work more fun and makes the product better.
- You are full-stack oriented. You’ve had some experience at the frontend, backend and database level.
It would be great if you have some familiarity with our tech or similar stacks. We keep it simple:
- Backend: Python / Django
- Frontend: Django templates, HTML, CSS/Sass, Bootstrap and some JQuery
- Database: Postgres
- Cloud: Heroku and some AWS
- Analytics: Metabase, Segment, Mixpanel
Working at Paladin
Here’s what we offer:
- A fun and creative work environment at Human Ventures in the heart of Manhattan (Flatiron)
- Opportunity for equity in an early-stage startup
- The chance to make a big impact on a small team
- Competitive salary
- Top notch health care
- 401k retirement plan
- Generous vacation package
- Opportunity to work remotely once in a while
- Occasional no holds barred Settlers of Catan throwdowns
To apply, please email Kristen Sonday at firstname.lastname@example.org. Include your resume and any work you’d like to share on GitHub or elsewhere.
See our other open positions here.