How to Participate in The Indorse Token Sale
Indorse Token Sale starts on August 8th, 2017.
To participate the token sale you need a wallet service or an application where you and you only hold the private keys. Private keys are needed to correctly interact with smart contract functions, like transferring tokens.
DO NOT SEND ETHEREUM TRANSACTIONS DIRECTLY FROM CRYPTOCURRENCY EXCHANGES SUCH AS COINBASE OR KRAKEN. YOU NEED A TOKEN COMPATIBLE ETHEREUM WALLET.
Which wallets can be used?
The following wallets are known to be compatible with Ethereum tokens (ERC-20 standard):
- MyEtherWallet (no download needed)
- There have been many phishing attempts with fake MyEtherWallet sites-always check that you are on the verified site!
- It’d be best to use MyEtherWallet as you need to send ETH to indorse.eth, the ENS address of Indorse. We’ll never post or share the address in 0x123…..890 format.
- IMToken (Android)
- IMToken (iphone)
Setting up your MyEtherWallet
1. First, head over to MyEtherWallet [dot] com. Double check the URL in the address bar & bookmark it.
2. Create a new wallet
Choose a strong password. Make sure you write this password down. You can NOT reset it. If you lose the password, you’ll lose the access to your wallet & funds.
3. Download Keystore File
Download and copy this file to multiple locations, such as your Documents folder and an external USB drive. As the warning says on the website, do not share this with anyone. If they know your password and have this file, they can access your funds. This file is for you and for you alone.
Also save your ‘Private Key’. Your ‘Private Key’ is another way to access your wallet, without having your ‘Keystore File’ and password.
Do not store this key on your computer.
Rather, click “Print Paper Wallet”, which will print your wallet address with the private key to a piece of paper.
4. Send Ether to your wallet
You will need to unlock your address to send Ether to your wallet.
Click on the View Wallet Info tab. Open the file you just saved and enter your password.
Once unlocked send Ether to the Account address.
What to do after I have a wallet?
On the assumption that you have a wallet and have ETH in the wallet, you need to ‘send’ the amount of ETH you want to contribute (from your wallet) to the designated address: indorse.eth (lowercase i,n,d,o,r,s,e dot e, t, h)
Important post & videos:
Indorse Public Announcement — ENS address of indorse.eth: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lKiTO6W5Seg
MyEtherWallet using the ENS for Indorse.eth: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dioAogo6TdA
Token sale deposit transactions need to have non-default gas limit (a.k.a. transaction maximum gas). This is because token sale transactions are more complex than simple Ethereum transfer transactions. The default gas limits is too low to correctly perform a token sale deposit.
To participate an Ethereum token sale you need to fill your transaction with following the details
- Address: indorse.eth (lowercase i,n,d,o,r,s,e dot e, t, h)
- Gas limit: Please raise to 250000 — gas tells that this is a smart contract transaction and is more expensive than normal Ether transfer.
- Gas Price: Leave at 25gwei. Do not go above 50 or the transaction will be rejected.