Digital Health Strategy in Spain focused on product- service vision
With the idea of not closing this COVID19 pandemic at the end of this 2022, this horrible virus which is a reminder about value and price in healthcare, apart from, having a great impact in lack of following up, revisions, about serious diseases, like for instance oncologic processes, according with Ramón Reyes´ thoughts (President at Spanish Association against Cancer, among other responsabilities), a few days ago.
A pandemic which we haven´t been able to control, in spite of having a great amount of IT resources in our hands.
In the last post at the end of 2021, we did a deep review about public proposals in digital health, from the international, to European, until national level in Spain. A few weeks ago, we also did a new review and update about the European case thanks to Francisco Lupiánez Villanueva, and I have promised to close this year, with an update about news and movements in this subject at Spanish level.
Our starting point, as we indicated before, is based on pandemic and its effects. In this sense we need to consider NHS Annual Report In Spain: 2020–21.
I have good information and professional feedback about Juan Fernando Muñoz, the current Digital Health General Secretary , from the Ministry of Health (Government of Spain), and I can confirm the good developed job during these lasts months, between this National Department and Regional Payers specialized in IT services and tools around Digital Health Commission, with such strong route page to get digital transformation in Primary Care in Spain.
With three great work-blocks which are being approach in this Primary Care Action Plan and with analysis from different fields of application to establish Regional selection criteria based on its capabilities or experiences in different fields.
Product- service vision, according to my personal point of view of this industry, is on the table of this Digital Health Strategy, which is lead by its General Secretary in Spain. Furthermore, another milestone would be to align NHS about current society needs, applying health policies of innovation based on 5P Medicine (Population, Prevention, Prediction, Personalized and Participating).
It´s obvious than there are a lot of things still pending to be done about digital health in international, national and regional healthcare systems, but with weak and strong points, when administration is moving properly, independently of political colours, it´s fair to recognize it.
Happy New Year 2023. I wish health and happiness to all of you.
Digital Health Strategy. Ministry of Health. Government of Spain.
III Edition of Healthcare Observatory, by El Español- Invertia.
Medical Affair International Master. Program which is part of Educational offer by Biotech and Pharma School lead by Professor Cesar Nombela. Information.
Advanced Management Program. IE Business School. Educational executive programs. Information.
The Time-Saving Magic of Chat GPT for Doctors, Till the Cavalry Arrive by David Canes.
España y el déficit de talento. Enrique Dans.
Why the brain in Spain falls mainly down the drain. Enrique Dans.
Portfolio Analysis 2022. Capital Cell.
Prophesee & neuromorphic visión. Tech.eu.
Deadlines for EU founds. April, 23rd 2023
Destination 1. Staying healthy in a rapidly changing society
· HORIZON-HLTH-2023-STAYHLTH-01–01: The Silver Deal — Person-centred health and care in European regions.
Destination 2. Living and working in a health-promoting environment
· HORIZON-HLTH-2023-ENVHLTH-02–01: Planetary health: understanding the links between environmental degradation and health impacts.
· HORIZON-HLTH-2023-ENVHLTH-02–02: Evidence-based interventions for promotion of mental and physical health in changing working environments (post-pandemic workplaces).
· HORIZON-HLTH-2023-ENVHLTH-02–03: Health impacts of endocrine-disrupting chemicals: bridging science-policy gaps by addressing persistent scientific uncertainties.
· HORIZON-HLTH-2023-ENVHLTH-02–04: Global coordination of exposome research.
Destination 3. Tackling diseases and reducing disease burden
· HORIZON-HLTH-2023-DISEASE-03–01: Novel approaches for palliative and end-of-life care for non-cancer patients.
· HORIZON-HLTH-2023-DISEASE-03–03: Interventions in city environments to reduce risk of non-communicable disease (Global Alliance for Chronic Diseases — GACD).
· HORIZON-HLTH-2023-DISEASE-03–04: Pandemic preparedness and response: Broad spectrum anti-viral therapeutics for infectious diseases with epidemic potential.
· HORIZON-HLTH-2023-DISEASE-03–06: Towards structuring brain health research in Europe.
· HORIZON-HLTH-2023-DISEASE-03–07: Relationship between infections and non-communicable diseases.