Vision, business and management
Seth Goding wrote a post — a couple of months ago- where he explained the key problem in healthcare systems: information management, this problem could prevent most qualified physicians from taking the best decisions -thinking about patient lives- on time.
In another more recent publication, Iñaki Berenguer, shared on Twitter some startups which are reinventing healthcare environment in different areas: admin & operations, care delivery, drug development and research, monitoring & diagnosis, tech infrastructure, etc. Feel free to click here to visit this tweet, and revise all these Companies:
These two publications make me reflect about how nowadays you can find precisely these two extremes:
- Scenarios where medical record is not integrated 100% at IT level, in some countries or regions.
- Payers are looking for formulas to optimize economic limited resources, with older population which is living with more chronic diseases.
- This picture could be linked with more difficulties to get price and reimbursement for innovations, which are more expensive. Hard Market Access scenarios.
- At the same time, you have strategic opportunities to help payers with the aim of improving these IT scenarios, therefore, to manage information in a proper way.
- Vision is always focused on the long term, makes market access and business plans easier. Product + service orientation helps to manage in an effective treatment administration for patients and generate data in real life.
This is the point for Health Policy Departments in Life Sciences and Healthcare Companies, which need more focus and resources to develop product + service strategies, aligned with this long term vision, for payers and our own Companies.
We must find the right corporate cultures to be focused on opportunity, avoid losing time and resources in models from the past century.
The Companies which make the most of this strategic opportunity, could be the winners for excellence in this race.
Source: Spanish version.
Medical Affair International Master. Program which is part of Educational offer by Biotech and Pharma School lead by Professor Cesar Nombela. Information.
Advanced Management Program. IE Business School. Educational executive programs. Information.
What are the biotech investment themes that will shape the industry? McKinsey & Company.
(ES) IA Generativa, Sesgos y Armas Químicas. Explicable | La newsletter del IIA. Miguel A. Román.
(ES) Hacer deporte cuesta mucho, tomar una pastilla no cuesta nada. La Voz de Galicia.
Smart Pacifier Monitors Electrolyte Levels. MedGadget.
(ES) Nuclio impulsa el nacimiento de la startup DOCFARMA. Planta Doce.
Galician Startups 2022. Startups, key players and more. Download online: Linknovate.
(ES) El fondo 100% gallego Bio&Tech Smart Capital ya tiene el plácet de CNMV y gestionará 50 M. El confidencial.
(ES) La empresa norteamericana VeriSIM Life adquiere Molomics Biotech. El Referente.
(ES) SAVIA: Salud a golpe de clic con la cercanía del médico de cabecera. El País.
(ES) Onalabs levanta 1,2 millones de euros e inicia un piloto de sus dispositivos médicos en Andorra. El Referente.
PODCAST (& VIDEO) PILLS:
(ES) La alquimia entre compañías singulares con Jose Luis Vallejo. Presidente y CEO de Sngular. Podcast + D.