Introduction to Joshu stores & APIs
Joshu stores are where the distribution magic happens. Stores are online portals (each backed with a real-time API) to seamlessly apply, quote, and bind. Here are a few possibilities:
- Broker portals. Set up a store with all your products, or create a variety of stores for different channels, each with it’s own theme.
- Direct portals. Great for affinity program stores that are themed to match their brand or yours.
- Embedded insurance. Partner with other sellers and bundle your insurance product into their offering with built-in API and white-label developer documentation.
- Marketplaces & broker tools via API. Get a share of the action by integrating with comparative raters, marketplaces, and other systems brokers use daily.
The best part? You don’t have to choose one. With the flexibility of digital you can have any or all the options above.
A modern online experience right out of the box
- Simple, seamless workflow. The portals and APIs are ready-made—no need to design screens or flows. You definitely don’t need to code. No engineers, no business analysts, no project managers. Joshu is a simple, fast platform designed with insurance people in mind.
- Desktop to mobile. Customers can be anywhere. Luckily, you don’t have to think about that. Joshu works anywhere your customers are, with any device.
Automation when you want it
- Automatic quote & decline. Streamline your process, increase customer satisfaction with instant quotes, and set limits for when to automatically decline (or refer, see below).
- Underwriter review. Still want oversight? Tell your rater when to refer submissions and they are automatically routed to the underwriter for review.
- Bind automatically or require review. Deliver the policy and relevant documents instantly, or require an underwriter to review and approve. There are also options for subjectivities and bind questions.
Launch portals in under an hour
It only takes a few minutes to get a new store launched.
- Step 1: Choose store type. Decide between broker or direct and we’ll do the rest. Users of broker portals can add insureds, while those in direct portals can only submit for themselves.
- Step 2: Customize theme. Our simple, flexible theme can be set to work with almost any brand identity. Upload a logo, pick a few key colors, and select an optional headline font.
- Step 3: Add products. Add your insurance products to the store with one click, and you’re done.
- Step 4: Invite or share. For broker stores, control who has access to the portal via email invites. For direct stores, share the store link anywhere and users will be able to sign up.
Have your own portal already? Build products with Joshu and connect them to your portal through Joshu’s quote-and-bind API.
How to get started, today
- No commitment. Start with a simple demo. You can provide a sample rater, or we can generate a sample product based on your interests.
- Quick setup. Joshu is completely web-based. Nothing to install, nothing to maintain, and already built for insurance products. Because we use your existing Excel and Word documents, there’s no need to rebuild in a new system.
- Build on top of legacy systems. Joshu doesn’t have to replace current systems, and it’s easy to export data if needed. Need special integrations? We can build those, too.
- Support when you need it. Though Joshu empowers you to be independent, our Customer Success team is always available to help. We’ll make sure you get up to speed at your own pace.
We want you up and running as soon as possible. Schedule a call and learn more at www.joshuins.com.
Next month we’ll discuss data and reports in more detail. Data is the key that unlocks the power of lean product development.