Assignment No. 3: FAQ for your ideal news publication
Due: 10 a.m. March 4 | 15% of overall course grade
This assignment will call for you to imagine what an ideal news publication might be like in the year 2020. Relying on everything you’ve learned in this course, write an FAQ (Frequently Asked Questions) for the publication.
Ask and answer the following six questions in your publication’s FAQ. The entire FAQ should be no more than 1,500 words long. Upload your FAQ to Connect.
- Describe your publication.
- What is your mission?
- Who is your audience?
- What does your audience consider to be news?
- How is your news different from mainstream news?
- What kind of technology do you use to gather and distribute news?
Grading will be based on the following rubric:
- 60% — Depth and quality of the answers.
- 20% — Detailed and clear description of the publication.
- 20% — Quality of writing (i.e., clarity, grammar, spelling).