I recently wrote a 5 part series that shows how to do mapping, and searching which can be filtered to within City Boundaries. I use Vue.js, Google Maps and Places, GeoJSON, and polygon filtering. This Box Set points at all of the articles, and the Github source repo. As a bonus, I also point to an earlier posting where I give some thoughts about what it is like to work with the Google Places API.
- Part 1: What are we building?
- Part 2: Location, Location, Location
- Part 3: Let’s use GeoJSON to show City Boundaries
- Part 4: Searching With Google Places
- Part 5: Filter Search Results To City Boundaries
To be clear, it is an end to end example, but not meant to be the ultimate example of error checking, UI, component layout, etc. It’s an instructive stripped down blend of a bunch of parts. Have fun!
The Code Repo:
Check out the example at: https://github.com/DanielSmith/citymap
When I was learning about using some of the Google Maps API, I ran into a few things that struck me as odd, or missing. I wrote about that: