The Junction Rd retail juggernaut, basic info
The Junction Rd property but why is bounded by Keele St. & the railroad tracks Street is going to change the Junction, while many thought the Stockyards Mall would this development really will.
application at city for
5, 25 & 43 JUNCTION RD, 12 MONARCH RD & 142 OLD WESTON RD
Legal Description: PLAN 840 LOTS 1–16 PT LOT 17 PLAN 446 PT LOTS 12 TO 15 RP 66R20826 PART 1
PURPOSE OF THE APPLICATION:
To construct a vestibule addition to the retail portion of the building (supermarket), to permit public parking, to permit the operation of a fitness centre and to construct three additions to the portion of the building which will contain the fitness centre. A previous Committee of Adjustment application (A110/13EYK) approved the operation of a retail store (supermarket).
REQUESTED VARIANCE(S) TO THE ZONING BY-LAW:
1. Section 9(1)(F), By-law 438–86 Recreational club (fitness centre), retail store (supermarket) and office uses are not permitted in an I3 zone.
2. Section 188.8.131.52.(7), By-law 569–2013 A recreational facility (fitness centre) must be on a lot that fronts on a major street. The proposed recreational facility (fitness centre) is not located on a lot fronting onto a major street.
3. Section 184.108.40.206.(4), By-law 569–2013 A retail store is a permitted use provided that it is associated with a permitted manufacturing use. The proposed retail store will not be associated with a permitted manufacturing use.
4. Section 9(2)3(iii), By-law 438–86 A non-flexible guard rail, fence or wall is required to be erected along the portions of a boundary abutting a street, excluding the portions used for access. A non-flexible guard rail, fence, or wall is not provided along the portions of a boundary abutting a street.
6. Section 220.127.116.11(2)(B), By-Law 569–2013 and Section 18.104.22.168(2)(A), By-Law 569–2013 A maximum of 25 parking spaces are permitted in a side yard that abuts a street. A total of 412 parking spaces will be provided in a front yard and side yard that abuts a street.
7. Section 22.214.171.124(3), By-Law 569–2013 Required parking spaces must be located on the same lot as the use for which the parking spaces are required. The proposed parking spaces will be provided on three separate lots (Cawthra Street and Monarch Road separate the land holdings into three lots).
8. Section 126.96.36.199.(4), By-Law 569–2013 A minimum of one Type “A” loading space is required for a grocery store with a gross floor area of 1,905 m² No Type “A” loading spaces are provided for the grocery store.