We’ve showcased at White Nights Conference. This is a leading B2B event for the game industry in Europe. The conference was held in Amsterdam and lasted two days on January 23 and 24. It was attended by 1346 guests from 50 countries. 69 speakers from key gaming companies delivered amazing speeches and shared their expertise.
We set two main goals for the conference:
- collect feedback on our game;
- investigate investment opportunities for our publishing line of business.
As we are launching our publishing line of business, our main goal was to investigate investment opportunities. For that purpose we prepared the investment brief where we pointed out some general information about our company, our vision and strategy and the current state.
The brief starts with the a couple of general statements about us: “Over the past five years, Justforward company, founded by two brothers, has reached a strong position in the hyper-casual mobile gaming market. In 2019 we started to transform our company into Mobile Games Publishing”.
Then we pointed out what makes our publishing different and competitive:
- Easy Entry. Our company allows the small development studios to be able to enter the mobile gaming market through our publishing services and start making money right away. Our “easy to publish” approach allows projects with low to middle KPIs access market faster and with a high success rate. It will help development studios publish the projects which didn’t reach top publishers’ high KPIs.
- Local specific. We are native Russians and we have a good network in Russia among developers and educational organizations.
In addition we provided some bullets about current state:
- Testing 3rd party projects (have the queue of projects)
- Conducting paid User Acquisition for our own game
- Our company offers several ways of the investment / partnership opportunities in this newly developed line of business
All information was presented on a single A4 paper and distributed from our booth. Each visitor received the paper.
When we prepared for the conference we kept in mind that we are looking for equity investments. At the conference we found that the funding works a bit another way than we thought. Very few companies are interested in equity investments. Almost all companies offered the services like factoring and user acquisition boost for a certain fee for exact projects with good traction. And it sounds reasonable. The main criteria is to make profitable project where LTV (life time value) is more than CPI (cost per install), which means that you earn more money from a user than you spent to acquire him/her. Then it’s important to scale the project at least to $10–25k monthly revenue by your own. After that many doors are open for a project for extra funding from financial companies. Braavo was one of the companies we talked to. They provide fully automated dashboard. A game or an app owner connects a project to the dashboard and Braavo understands all the metrics based on which they are able to make a decision for funding a project very fast. This company provides two main services: factoring and user acquisition boost. We really liked the idea of that way of funding projects.
Chartboost company conducted the event Mobile Happy Our on the first day of the conference. We use Chartboost ads network for about 5 years and really happy with this ads network. It was awesome to meet Chartboost team personally in Amsterdam’s bar. They are great people.
We are very happy we had a chance to take part in the conference. Amsterdam is very beautiful, friendly and cozy city. Check some photos and a video from the conference below.