The sofa is one of the high traffic areas of the house as both the guests and host use it on an everyday basis. But how many of you consider cleaning the sofa on a regular basis? Not many; probably because cleaning the sofa is not an easy task. The various folds and crevices of the sofa make the cleaning a difficult task.
But according to professionals, sofa cleaning doesn’t need to be a cumbersome task if it is done at regular intervals keeping the following tips in mind.
* Go by the care label: Check whether your sofa comes with a care label. If so, study the label properly and clean as per the instruction.
* Start with vacuuming: should begin with vacuuming the sofa. The small dust particles on the surface of the sofa will go deep inside through the edges if the sofa is cleaned without sucking them out. Thus, do a thorough vacuuming of the sofa to suck out even the minute particles.
* Time is of the essence: When it comes to spills or stains on the sofa, time is of the essence. Blot the liquid on the stain then and there itself with a paper towel or washcloth before it goes deep down the sofa. Once it is bloated, clean the area with a mild detergent and water. Remember not to scrub too much as it can damage the sofa fabric. Solid stains if any should be removed with a blunt knife. Alternatively, you can also use white vinegar and baking soda for cleaning.
* Oil stain: Oil stains should be cleaned with baking soda which has the power to absorb the grease. Once done, clean the area with water.
* Do not wet completely: Until and unless you have a steam cleaner, do not wet the fabric sofa completely. Too much water can lead to fabric shrinkage and can even leave stains. Moreover, it becomes very difficult to dry the sofa later. A damp sofa is the breeding ground for mould and mildew. Leather sofas can be wiped down easily with damp cloth.
* Test sofa cleaning product: If commercially available products are used, then test them first in a not so visible corner of the sofa before applying it all over. Any chemical reaction or fabric bleeding can be detected then and there itself.
is not a cumbersome task as it is thought out to be. All you need is little time and patience to work on the stains and dirt and to make your sofa sparkly new. It is best to the sofa once in 18 months to extend its life.
If by any chance you are not able to remove the stubborn stain from the sofa, then help is at hand. Call Justmop right away and our professional staff will be at your doorstep in no time.
Originally published at https://www.justlife.com on March 4, 2018.