Introducing Kadenamint and Public Blockchain Testnet v2
Kadena receives grant to deploy Pact smart contract language to Cosmos ecosystem, updates testnet (v2) with a public binary and dashboard.
August 6, 2019 — New York, NY — The Kadena team is pleased to announce that we have received a grant from the Interchain Foundation to deploy Pact as the first open source smart contract language with Formal Verification in the Cosmos ecosystem. The implementation of Kadena’s smart contract language on the Cosmos network will be called “Kadenamint.” We have also launched testnet v2 of the Kadena public blockchain, which includes a monitoring dashboard and public binaries for miners.
What is Kadenamint?
Kadenamint is the implementation of our smart contract language Pact on Tendermint, facilitated by the backing and endorsement of a $150,000 grant from the Interchain Foundation. The Cosmos network runs on the Tendermint protocol, the only fully open source permissioned blockchain with a proven consensus protocol. The Tendermint protocol already supports $5 billion in value from companies like Binance and Cosmos. Kadenamint brings blockchain developers the best smart contract language available and further establishes Pact as the industry standard.
Why is Kadenamint important?
Kadenamint will allow for rapid implementation of apps in a safer way. Entrepreneurs and enterprises alike will have a configuration-free and completely open source smart contract language for business applications. Kadenamint brings the power of user-code Formal Verification, proper multi-signature features and full capabilities to Tendermint.
What people are saying about Kadenamint:
“Kadena is bringing a powerful and safety oriented smart contract language with Pact. Pact is going to be the next standard smart contract language for the multiparty smart contract workflows that power Defi,” said Zaki Manian, Executive Director of Trusted IoT Alliance and advisor to Cosmos and Tendermint. “The focus on Formal Verification, a capabilities-based security model, upgradeability and multisig aligns incredibly well with the design principles of IBC. This integration will provide Pact authors with billions in assets in the wider Cosmos ecosystem.”
“Kadena and Cosmos share the goal of creating a truly interoperable blockchain ecosystem,” said Kadena Founder and CEO Will Martino. “Cosmos and Tendermint are industry leaders in Proof of Stake and we are proud to bring Pact to their developer community.”
“Pact on Tendermint, Kadenamint, is a meaningful step towards a unified and secure standard for smart contract languages across blockchain platforms,” said Stuart Popejoy, Kadena Founder and President. “Pact’s open source Formal Verification and native multi-signature features are aligned with the developer-first design principles of Cosmos’ ecosystem.”
Public Blockchain Testnet v2
In addition to Kadenamint, we are releasing new features in testnet v2 for our scalable Proof of Work blockchain. The Kadena blockchain becomes faster and more interoperable with these updates. Testnet v2 includes the following features:
- Public binary — available on our Github. With this open source binary, you can run a single node testnet of the Kadena public blockchain on your Linux system. Join our Discord to meet other testnet participants and form a community distributed testnet!
- Pact checkpoint persistence and replay — allows for full transaction replay from disk on restart.
- Pact SPV endorsements — makes it possible to run cross-blockchain multi-step transactions with Pact. For instance, a user can specify to send their coins to any supported blockchain. This allows the Kadena public blockchain to have a single unified currency across all chains, and for Pact to support cross-blockchain exchanges.
- Pact module caching — reduces the number of database calls significantly, improving memory usage, speeding up transaction processing, and decreasing network stress.
- Public monitoring dashboard — you can now monitor our testnet’s progress using Amberdata APIs.