Kamari Monthly Report: July 2020
Greetings to the global Kamari Community! We at Kamari would like to wish everyone good health and good fortune as we enter the second half of this year. The past few weeks have seen tremendous growth in blockchain adoption across Africa, but also all over the world blockchain and the cryptocurrency markets saw an incredible injection of both investment and good energy.
Kamari was a part of this tremendous growth seen in the blockchain space. During July the leadership team met with investors in Europe, the Middle East, and Africa, to discuss the next steps for Kamari’s ecosystem for gaming and connecting all of Africa together under one system.
As we continue to learn more and more about Covid-19, it is also exposing many weaknesses of our society, from diplomacy to infrastructure. For instance, this pandemic has exposed the weakness of the global healthcare records keeping system, and how different countries are not able to accurately and efficiently share personal medical data across international boundaries. To this end, we have been working with ZeU Crypto on a new blockchain-based system for digitized medical records. Our approach focuses on allowing patients the ability to transfer their records across disparate economies and borders.
Another perspective that can be gleaned from the past month of crypto activity is the continued focus on Africa and the (finally) emerging consensus that blockchain’s future lies with its success in Africa. What we need to keep our eyes on collectively is the use of blockchain and crypto technology for the benefit of Africans. We must keep the wealth and the value here for our own people — and create our own economic destiny of monetary independence from those that seek to extract our wealth from us for leaders in distant lands.
You can review the latest updates and major news updates that happened in June across the African blockchain and crypto markets:
- Crypto Use Cases in Africa On the Rise
- South Africa Proposes New Rules To Regulate Cryptocurrencies, Seeks Alignment with FATF
- Blockchain Technology on the Rise in Rwanda
- Akon and Other Leading Experts Speak on Crypto in Africa
- Nigeria Leads Africa Combined in Q2 2020 on BTC P2P
- Crypto Usage and Trading Surging in Africa, Exchange CEO Says
- Bitcoin Adoption Explosion in Africa, Led by Nigeria, Kenya, and South Africa
- Akon’s DLT Startup to Set Up a Blockchain Hub in Kenya in Q4 2020
- African Countries Witness A Massive Surge in P2P Trading Volume