For a long time, I’ve tried to find an easy way to make a mobile screenshot with a simple frame and background. Here’s my usual process:
- Search for a mobile frame with a transparent background on Google
- Copy the frame into a Google Slides presentation
- Paste my screenshot into the presentation
- Meticulously resize my screenshot to fit the frame
- Screenshot the whole thing together and download
I had to go through these motions every time I wanted to make a mock for my presentations — for each mock!
To solve this, I decided to hack together the Mobile Mockup Maker. It’s a really easy way to make a simple, but good-looking mobile mock.
All you have to do is select a screenshot, and you can immediately download the final image. If you want, you can customize it by choosing how you want the image to appear, the background color, and the color of the phone frame. You can even set the background to transparent, so that your mockup works wherever you copy it.
I hope this helps the other product managers and designers out there who are working to put together beautiful mocks!