Yay, we did it, baby! One year and I’m so blessed and grateful! I still can't believe she’s mine. This role as a mother has given me life! I don’t know how to describe it but it’s amazing! Yes, it’s less sleep and I’m a bit more tired than usual but nothing beats seeing your child laugh, play, stand for the first time. I mean it’s awesome to capture all their milestones! I have learned so much this year, each day I give it to all parents… moms and dads because you guys are freaking amazing! Now that she is in my life my mindset has changed completely about everything lol and I love it !!! During the first few months of postpartum, I would think I can’t wait to feel like me again, but what does that even mean? I'm a new person and my daughter has filled a space in me that I never knew I had.
Postpartum is not permanent, always remember that! It took me a while to realize that, so to all the new moms that are struggling to recognize their own bodies, please know it does get better. I wish I had that reinforcement a year ago. Before you know it, you will start feeling like you own the place lol. A better, stronger you 💪🏼. Also, remember eventually you will sleep more than 3 hours a night lol.
I have to confess that I accepted the fact that Milan is a total daddy’s girl, she loves me but if daddy’s in the room it’s like “bye Ma” lol but I also have to confess that I loveeeee staring at them when they are together! The love that they give each other is amazing. The father he has become has literally been amazing, more than I have ever expected!
Feeling so blessed to be able to be a part of this cool club I call “motherhood”. I always pray for strength and I know God has heard me because I feel so much stronger now, more than I have ever felt in my entire life, and it's all because of my baby girl!
I’m not at all perfect nor a perfect mom, but I do want to give the tips/notes that worked for me which may be helpful for you:
- Mom friends are so cool! It’s like your part of a community in which we are all in this together. #NoMomShaming #somanymomhacks
- Don’t compare your baby, with other babies. Each baby has its own timeline. They will sit, walk, and talk at their own time.
- Routine is very important for bedtime. And I don’t mean so much with time but the same steps, so they know when it’s time for bed.
- Some days are going to be overwhelming, other days you’re taking pictures all day because you don't want to miss a single moment, and other days are so much bundle and joy with them, feeling so grateful for them. It’s literally an emotional roller coaster lol so cry it out if you feel like it.
- I can’t emphasize enough but pleaseeeee take time for YOU, you and hubby, and family time!!! A good balance of all 3 has literally kept me sane and feeling balanced in my everyday life. (I have my days tho, can't lie lol)
- There is no need to buy toys, they play with everything but their toys. lol
- Oh, yea can’t forget this one. Always bring an extra t-shirt for YOU in the diaper bag, there will be accidents on you! lol, #toomany #Ilostcount you have been warned lol.
Hope you enjoyed my one-year mini recap!