Keeping up with the Commons #2
Cards Against Humanity thinks we’re the “perfect technology.” We agree.
- We told the inspiring story of Carol Highsmith, the famous photographer photographing every state in the United States… and giving her work away for free.
- Stop patent trolling with Reclaim Invention, a new project from the EFF that calls for reforms to technology sharing within universities.
- Start working on your core now. Learn more about the Creative Commons certificates program.
- Big win for open access! Open NASA provides free access to all NASA-funded research data through their new research portal.
- More good news on the open government front. Tamil Nadu adopts CC licensing for all government materials.
- Open drives innovation with a new (limited) code sharing policy from the United States government.
- The Getty looks back on three years of Creative Commons licensed projects.
- Learn about OER policy components with Lumen Learning’s policy development toolkit.
- Have we told you lately how much we love Unsplash? Read more at Vice.
- The Sunlight Foundation explains open data, remix, and policy with Open Data Policies Decoded.