We can’t believe its November already with snow gracing parts of our city. Back in October, we held our Kensington Investor Conference in downtown Toronto with updates from our team, our portfolio companies and LPs. We thought this would be a great time to rewind and look back on our 2019 year:
👏 NEW TEAM MEMBERS
For this year, we are welcoming two new faces to the team:
- Matthew Cross/Vice President/Vancouver Office
- Angelo Manaloto/Associate, Business Development and Investor Relations/Toronto Office
✨ COMPANY FUNDS HIGHLIGHTS
Kensington Private Equity Fund is +8.3% YOY net — We distributed approximately $16.5 million in 2019. On the direct investment side, returns were driven by Ceridian, TouchBistro, Evercommerce and Ace Hill. Among our fund investments, we also benefited from strong performances by Providence Equity, Novacap, and Trinity Hunt Partners.
Kensington Alternative Strategies Fund is +5.1% YOY — We took home three awards this year including third place in Best 3-year Return, second place in Best 5-year Sharpe Ratio, and first place in Best 3-year Sharpe Ratio at the 2019 Canadian Hedge Fund Conference.
⚡ PORTFOLIO HIGHLIGHTS
This year, we welcomed some new companies and new faces to our portfolio including AGNORA and Vaughn Mills.
- AGNORA is a customer service company that fabricates the largest architectural glass in North America.
- Vaughn Mills manufactures private label hot cereal products for many North American retailer chains under their store brands.
Within our Kensington Alternative Strategies Fund, we’ve added two new faces this year: AIP Asset Management and Mondex Corporation.
🎥 YEAR IN REVIEW:
▶ KENSINGTON CAPITAL PARTNERS
- Kensington Private Equity Makes Investment in Phoenix Imports, an Importer and Distributor of Premium Dog Treats Alongside Chrysalis Capital
- Kensington’s BC Tech Fund Backs New $150M Fund from Framework Venture Partners
- Kensington Makes Commitment to Whitecap IV
- Kensington Venture Fund II Invests in Avidbots
- Kensington Capital Managing Director, Gerri Sinclair was Named One of the Most Influential Women in Finance
- Kensington Private Equity Fund Establishes Vaughn Mills Packaging to Acquire Assets of Tru Labels Inc.
- Kensington Private Equity Fund Makes Investment into Pela
- Kensington Private Equity Fund Makes New Investment into Savage X Fenty
- BC Tech Fund participates in Panache Venture Fund
- Kensington Takes Home Three Awards from the 2019 Canadian Hedge Fund Awards at the Alternative IQ Conference
▶️ PORTFOLIO HIGHLIGHTS/MILESTONES
- Mojio Closes Oversubscribed $40M Series B Funding Round | Learn More
- Eventbase Successfully Ran the Mobile Wold Congress 2019 Conference in Barcelona, with Over 2400 Leading Companies and Over 107,000 Attendees
- Mobile Klinik Successfully Opens Its 42nd Location in Downtown Vancouver
- Mobile Klinik Takes On a New Deal with Wal-mart Canada. | Read More
- D-Wave Systems Inc. Releases a Lower-noise D-Wave 2000Q™ Processor in the Leap™ Quantum Cloud Service. | Read More
- TouchBistro and EVO Payments México Partner to Provide a Fully Integrated Point-of-Sale and Payments Solution for Restaurants | Read More
- SoundHound Inc. Partners with Hyundai to Bring First Voice-Enabled, Smart Connected SUV to India, Powered by Houndify Voice AI Platform | Read More
- Mobile Klinik Announces Acquisition of Device Care+ | Read More
- Sigma-i and D-Wave Announce Largest-Ever Quantum Cloud-Access Contract | Read More
- Barclaycard Partners With TouchBistro to Power Payments For Its Award-Winning Restaurant POS Solution | Read More
- Axis Auto Announces a Strategic Partnership with Westlake Financial Services and Nowcom Corporation | Read More
- D-Wave Announces First European Leap Quantum Cloud Site | Read This
- Congratulations to our Portfolio Companies for Making the Globe and Mail List of Canada’s Top Growing Companies by Three-Year Revenue Growth | Read More
Here is to another year of supporting entrepreneurs with strong vision, driving innovation, and making companies stronger for the future!