Over the years we’ve created lots of resources to help creators make sure their projects run smoothly. We share these resources in our Help Center, across the site, in our emails, and on our Creator Toolkit. But if you ever lose an attachment or can’t track down a link we sent you, you should find it all here, in our Resources Compendium.
The Creator Handbook
Consider this the quintessential guide on how-to Kickstarter. This resource walks you through the basics of setting up your description, choosing rewards, and sending out updates.
It’s a great one! Start here if you have a specific question about using Kickstarter.
The Creator Resources Page
A list of creator tested and approved services that can help with everything from packaging and shipping to prototyping and manufacturing.
Conversations with creators from the Kickstarter community.
We talked to creators from each and every category and asked them for their best advice on everything from planning a promotion strategy to working with a manufacturer.
Read tips and advice from creators like you.
They’re short and simple, but you should know them!
Our Favorite Blog Posts
- 🆕 Best practices for translating your project page (also in French, Spanish, and German) 🆕
- Artist Scott Teplin breaks down how he prepared for his project
- Everything you need to know about getting your project approved
- Our rubric for considering marketing and PR services
- Twelve tips to help you plan your shipping strategy (yes, you need a shipping strategy!)
- Six creators share what makes a good project page (Also available in Spanish)
- Q&A with a financial professional that’s helped out a few creators
- Unsolicited advice to help you get your project launched and live
- Ten creators share their best shipping advice and why they decided to do a project
- You can make a project video with these seven simple things
For Creators, by Creators
- Webcomic creator Carrie Tupper on what no one tells you about running a campaign
- A cookbook author dishes on her campaign strategy
- Musician Anna Vogelzang talks about her social media strategy, how she set her goal, and more during #CreatorHangouts
- Ian Lynam shares his approach to running a successful campaign
- Illustrator and publisher Iron Spike shares tips on getting through the “plateau” period
Worksheets and Helpful Tools
- Getting Started Guide
Not sure where to start? This guide will walk you through the basics of getting your project ready for Kickstarter. (Also available in Japanese, German, French, and Spanish)
- Project Timeline Guide
A resource with tips that will come in handy before, during, and after your campaign. (Also available in German, French, and Spanish)
- Launch Day Checklist
Countdown to a well-planned launch. (Also available in German, French, and Spanish)
- Launch Day Communications Plan
Document who you’ll be reaching out to and when.
- Campaign Asset Table
A chart that you can use to keep track of the images, gifs, and video clips that you’ll include in your messaging.
- Key Messages Worksheet
Use this worksheet to plan how you’ll share the news about your idea.
- A Step-by-Step Guide to Spreading the Word
All of our blog posts on forming a promotion strategy shared in one easy link. (También lo tenemos en español)
- Strategic Storytelling: Building Community Around Your Creative Project
Our free Skillshare course can help you craft a well-planned campaign.
Choose Your Own Category Adventure
We’ll continue adding to this list as we create more resources. If there’s anything you think we should work on or that needs to be added, let us know in the comments below.