Thanks for your interest in joining us at Kima Ventures but this role has now been filled. Please keep an eye on our website for any future openings: http://www.kimaventures.com/jobs/
Join Kima: we’re hiring a Deal Associate
We’re looking to grow our team with two new Associates; a Deal Associate to help with making and managing investments and a Tech Associate (see here) to help with working on the technology and tools we use to do the same. Based in Paris, or remote. We see these as 2 year roles which will prepare you for continuing working in venture capital or for founding a startup yourself.
You would be joining a small and entrepreneurial team working closely together in building new ways to scale venture capital and leverage the network of entrepreneurs and experts that we are building.
About Kima Ventures
Kima Ventures is one of the world’s most active early-stage investors, investing in 2 to 3 startups per week all over the world; providing founders with funding, network and support for them to reach the next steps of their journey.
We invest from seed to Series A, mostly as lead investor but also working alongside other investors; backing ambitious founders who work hard to build awesome things that more and more people use everyday. We expect them to build a great team, to learn very quickly, to keep the right focus and execute towards growth.
We pride ourselves in working side-by-side with entrepreneurs. We understand that fundraising is only one step in the company’s journey, that’s why we take quick decisions and make the fundraising process as smooth as possible so the founders can get back to the work of building their business. We’re not only an investor, we are a network of founders and experts sharing a pay it forward mindset.
Headquartered in Paris with an office in London, we are founded and backed by Xavier Niel, founder of Iliad and supporter of entrepreneurs through such projects as 42, La Halle Freyssinet and 101projets. Over the last 5 years we’ve invested in over 330 startups in 24 different countries.
As an integral part of a small team, you will receive a high degree of autonomy and responsibility as you become involved in every aspect of investing in, and supporting, startups. You will be exposed to a large range of markets, technologies and geographies while searching for the best entrepreneurs to back. Particularly, we expect the role to involve:
- identifying and evaluating potential investments: responding to the entrepreneurs that contact us but also proactively searching for the best new startups, contacting them, taking calls or meetings, market and competitor research and due diligence;
- deal execution: managing the process of closing financings;
- providing on-boarding and ongoing support to portfolio companies as they grow;
- developing new internal projects to better leverage the portfolio to support the companies in a scalable way.
We’d be happy to speak with anyone that has a passion for what we do regardless of background but we imagine the ideal candidate to have:
- demonstrated passion for early-stage technology startups; ideally through experience working for technology startups as a founder or employee;
- obsession with new technologies and an interest in learning the intricacies of venture capital financing and the legal side of making investments;
- familiarity with major tech ecosystem companies, individuals, and events and an active contributor in your local startup community;
- empathy, a respect for entrepreneurship and the ability to represent Kima well when networking and meeting founders;
- strong analytical skills and intellectual curiosity;
- exceptional work ethic, comfortable working independently and quickly in an entrepreneurial environment;
- proficient spoken and written English. Other languages, French in particular, are a bonus.
Interested in working with us as a Deal Associate? We’d be interested in hearing more about yourself and your interests; just complete this form and we’ll let you know if we feel you’d be a good fit.
Any questions, feel free to contact us at email@example.com
For the Tech Associate role, see here instead.