A pitch deck must be both complete & short. Your goal is to turn complicated things into simple messages.
In order to do so, your pitch deck should not contain more than 20 words & 3 ideas maximum per slide, and follow the following order:
- There is problem.
- Unsolved for a reason.
- We’ve cracked a solution.
- Here is our value proposition.
- Look at our demo
- People love our product
- Those people/companies are our target (initial and potential). We don’t talk in billions, we talk in real buying/using people!
- This is how we position ourselves in the ecosystem
- Here is our secret sauce that makes us different
- Our Business Model is: Sales - Variable Costs = Contribution Margin
- We distribute it that way, this is our funnel of conversion
- Our KPIs are not cumulated data but rather Compound Growth, Cohort and Sales Payback Time.
- Here is our story so far, with relevant and/or fun facts
- This is our great team, and what they’ve accomplished
- Here is the plan for the next 12 to 18 months
- Here is our business plan or 18/24 months cash plan
- Our end game is to be a leading top of mind for…
Do not use bullet points, Steve Jobs wouldn’t be happy