Becoming a Platform
Kinesis Art’s updated roadmap to onboard artists & reward holders
Why we’re updating our roadmap
Utility Maxi here with a highly anticipated announcement from the Kinesis Art team. Before diving into the revised Kinesis Art roadmap, I wanted to take a moment to explain why we felt these changes were necessary.
When we first launched, we planned an 8-mint series all from the internal team. At the time, it made sense: we planned to release art we felt fit with our movement vision and reevaluate after our Genesis series. The reality is, we hoped for but did not anticipate many of our successes: Atlanta, our genesis release, selling out in under an hour; our community blossoming to 1500+ Twitter followers and Discord members; being featured as an Exclusive OpenSea drop on the OpenSea homepage alongside industry figureheads Alexander Reben and Pat Dimitri; DMs from artists wanting to release on Kinesis….
In light of this success, we have been asked over and over: What are our future plans? What are the benefits for holding? How can the public get involved? How can you reduce gas? Will artists release on the platform? When is the next drop?
Many of these questions we did not anticipate needing to answer this soon, but responding to the needs of our community is our utmost priority. You see, in tech problems arise at scale that are hard to anticipate when you are still small and that’s why we are here today. Our growth has called for a change.
Since drop, we have carefully been listening to feedback from our community as we have seen doors open that we did not anticipate. The revisions below align with the feedback we have heard, and to that end we wanted to take a moment to thank all of our community members for their constant and unrelenting support. We believe we are building something huge and our revised roadmap will carry us forward as a premiere NFT art platform.
If you haven’t yet, please join us in our Discord (https://discord.gg/X4UgdtD3Wf) where we are always available to respond to any and all questions and community feedback.
Thanks, all. We are so happy to have you here, and we can’t wait to continue this journey together.
Our revised roadmap
1. On the Genesis Series
We will be reducing the genesis series from 8 mints to 5 mints in response to community feedback to limit releases focus on focus on variety, community, and platform. We will retain the same format: mint sizes will be decreasing, and the 5th mint will be available for holders of the first 4 at the time of a snapshot TBA. Artists for the Genesis series will be all from the internal team with one visiting artist.
2. On our vision as a platform
1. We will be expanding our efforts to realize Kinesis’ vision as a platform by releasing artwork from other major artists. We view this as a huge differentiator for Kinesis: many projects release art, but few are a platform for artists. Kinesis as a platform larger than our internal team was the long term vision, and it is now the short term vision. We believe this will cement us with the other major art platforms in the space. All art will continue to be dynamic and fit within our curated vision. We are already in touch with artists behind the scenes, but to make this truly accessible, we have opened a form form for community submissions at https://kinesis.art/apply/artist. Interested artists can also send messages in the #artist-applications channel of our Discord (https://discord.gg/X4UgdtD3Wf)
2. For future releases, we will be holding an AMA with the artist and the community to have an open forum to discuss the work and its inspirations. This will occur either over Discord or Twitter and be announced in advance — stay tuned for more details.
3. On benefits to holders
Before describing our updated system, I’d like to make two points explicitly clear:
1. We believe people should buy art that resonates with them. In our opinion, the only decision you should ever have to make when purchasing art is: “Does this work speak to me?” We view questions like “Where do I get a mint pass and membership and how much do they cost and how do I redeem this for art?” detract from what is really important.
2. We also believe the decision, “Does this work speak to me?” should be available to both holders and the public. We believe in finding a balance of rewarding platform holders without placing restrictions on access to art from the broader community…all while reducing gas. This balance is both crucial and difficult, but the only way to grow as a platform is to reward holders and have art accessible to the public.
As such, our revised strategy is as follows for the remaining drops in the Genesis Series:
1. Holder pre-sale: A portion of mints will be reserved for collection holders (Currently, holders are of just Atlanta. In the future, any holding of any of our collections will be considered.) and able to be purchased for 24 hours via pre-sale at a fixed price. Selections will be made from holder snapshots and randomly chosen using Chainlink VRF. We will also maintain a number of pre-sale slots for giveaways, collaborations with other communities, and rewards to other community members such as Discord OGs. The number of pre-mints for holders will be 1 per address in an effort to reward as many holders as possible. We view this as a major benefit to holders: there will be plenty of time to decide if you like the art AND mint at times of low gas, all without any of the price concern in the dutch auction format.
Note: we will announce what % of mints will be reserved for holders on a drop-to-drop basis. However, to reward our community, a snapshot will be taken prior to Drop 2 release and all Atlanta holders will be on the pre-sale list and able to mint 1 piece from Drop 2. Please note: this will not always be the case, with future pre-sale slots to be given out via holder raffle.
2. Public dutch auction: The remaining pieces will be sold to the public via dutch auction at the conclusion of the pre-sale period. We believe this is an apt solution to reduce gas wars and allow both public participation and participation from community members who were not pre-sale raffle winners.
4. On our next release
Our next release will be from Grant and is currently scheduled to occur during the week of 9/27. As noted above, as a reward to our community, a snapshot will be taken prior to Drop 2 release and all Atlanta holders will be on the pre-sale list and able to mint 1 piece from Drop 2. Please note: this will not always be the case, with future pre-sale slots to be given out via holder raffle. Additional details to come.
Connect with us
- Website: https://kinesis.art
- Twitter: https://twitter.com/_kinesisart
- Utility Maxi: https://twitter.com/utility_maxi
- Grant: https://twitter.com/grantoe_art
- Discord: https://discord.gg/a6t94gegSC
- Medium: https://medium.com/kinesis-art
- OpenSea: https://opensea.io/collection/kinesisart
- Contract: https://etherscan.io/address/0xeb113c5d09bfc3a7b27a75da4432fb3484f90c6a