We are excited to announce that on December 29th, 2020 we will be launching the Phase 0 of the KIRA Testnet program where a group of selected individuals will have the opportunity to participate and iteratively test the earliest releases of the KIRA Network.
- Testnet Program Phase 0 starts on 29.12.2020
- Participants will have to complete milestones and submit reports
- Fill out this form before 12pm UTC on 28.12.2020 to apply for the Testnet Program
- Bounties ranging from $50 to $1k worth of KEX, Validator and Governance seats can be won for submitting detailed and valuable contributions
Phase 0 Testnet will involve a number of milestones (see scope below) that participants will have to complete in order to improve the launch experience of Phase 1. After these milestones are achieved, Phase 0 participants will take part in the launch of the Testnet Program Phase 1 that will involve further incentivisation programs such as War of Uptime and be geared towards coordinating governance members and network upgrades.
- All selected Phase 0 participants will be provided with documentation enabling them to complete each milestone and appropriate forms to submit their findings. The selection of participants will be based on the factors such as their technical expertise and hardware specs.
- Every accepted Phase 0 participant will be further eligible to receive bounties including seats in the governance and validator set for submitting valuable reports, suggestions and pull requests to the KIRA’s github repository.
How To Apply
To apply for access to the KIRA Testers group fill out this form. If you have multiple personal computers with different specs you can submit multiple forms. Please note that if during the testnet your machine specs change you will have to resubmit information provided in the form and change your machine nickname. You will have until 28’th December 2020 12 PM UTC to fill out and submit the form.
Scope of the Testnet Program Phase 0 will involve the following:
- Collection of resource utilization statistics across different hardware specs
- Deployment scripts compatibility with different hardware specs and CPU architectures (x64/ARM)
- Command line (user) interface compatibility with different ssh terminals and consoles
- Maximum continuous uptime and recovery from hardware faults such as hard reset, hibernation, pausing at random time intervals
- Infrastructure deployment time and KIRA Manager ease of use
- Basic communication with the blockchain application using console (token transfers, governance)
- Basic communication with the blockchain application using web interface (token transfers, claiming tokens from faucet)
- Connecting to the public network and Validator intranet
Every accepted Phase 0 participant will be further eligible to receive bounties ranging from $50 to $1000 worth of KEX tokens. Selected participants will also have the opportunity to acquire Governance and Validator seats for submitting valuable reports, suggestions and pull requests to the KIRA’s github repository.
We look forward to welcoming the first batch of Phase 0 participants. If you have not been selected or didn’t submit your form before 29’th, you will still be able to join KIRA Testers telegram group and have an opportunity to join the Phase 1 Public Testnet in the early Q1 2020.
We would like to wish everyone Merry Christmas and Happy New Years 2021 that will undoubtedly bring many new exciting developments : )