Face the cold and what it brings in the Snow biome! Step into the Snow biome if you’re ready to face its challenges and rewards. It is relatively difficult to master most professions in this biome since the cold makes almost everything more challenging. However, if you invest enough time, you can turn your Snow biome land into a land that can bring you wondrous rewards that not many can imagine. Almost all professions start out harder in this biome but as you progress, you will start seeing your hard work pay off. The Snow biome is also the home of many snow beasts and rare creatures that you can hunt to gain various valuable items. And lastly, the Glacier biome, which is a unique biome with some crazy stat improvements, can only be found within the Snow biome. So put on your warmest clothes and begin exploring!
Effects on Professions
The effects of the Snow biome on professions are different from most of the other biomes. The effects of this biome on professions changes as you progress. You will initially have to strive to progress, but if you can overcome the initial obstacles, the effects of this biome will change in your favor!
- 20% growing speed decrease for all plants and animals
- Chances of getting sick are increased by 20% for all plants and animals while your farming level is less than 50
- Chances of getting sick are decreased by 35% for all plants and animals once your farming level is above 50
- Most types of flowers and herbs can only be grown after farming level 40
- Growing all herbs and flowers gives 20% more XP after level 40
- All herbs and flowers have a 12.5% chance to drop double their usual harvest if your farming level is above 40
- Spawn rate of rocks is decreased by 10% in mine layers 1 to 3
- Spawn rate of rocks is increased by 15% in mine layers 4 and 5
- Mine Layer 5 is not toxic in this biome
- XP for all cooking activities is decreased by 10%
- XP increase for leveling up increases by 6% per level (XP increase will be 11% per level instead of 10.4%)
- Cooking speed is decreased by 10% on fireplaces
- Cooking speed is increased by 5% for all the other means of cooking
- Chance to burn food is increased by 17.2% if your cooking level is below 50
- Chance to burn food becomes zero after cooking level 60!
- Crafting is unaffected by Snow biomes and everything is the same as in the Plains biome for crafting
- Chance to fail at boiling potions is increased by 10%
- Chance to fail at all the other items is decreased by 5%
- 5% Fishing XP increase for all fishing activities
- Pond fish breeding chance decreases by 10% before fishing level 35
- Pond fish breeding chance increases by 15% after fishing level 45
- 5% less KANDY gained from basic aquariums
- 3% more KANDY gained from deluxe aquariums
The Snow biome covers a fair amount of the Kitsumon world. This biome is for players who are patient and hardworking! Players who are looking forward to short term incomes from their lands must approach this land plot with caution, but Snow biome lands can be a great investment for players who want to play for long hours and are targeting long term income with greater benefits. Other than professions, players who are looking for fights with powerful beasts can find them in the snow. Make sure you have proper clothing while wandering in the Snow biome, and watch out for Yetis!
Deep within the snowy lands, lucky players can find the Glacier biome. Challenge your skills and patience in this biome, and see what you are made of! Glaciers are ideal for progressing in the Fishing profession, and they also have some huge stat boosts alongside rare items that can only be made in this biome. Get your ice-skates ready for the 2nd of September!