Kakao-backed blockchain Klaytn announces global expansion roadmap for 2022
Klaytn, a public blockchain platform developed by internet giant Kakao Corp, has signed 5 key partnership deals to pursue its global expansion plans. Its mandate for 2022 is to be the blockchain of choice gaming and metaverse projects, while pursuing continued integration with the defi ecosystem.
Released in 2019, Klaytn is the dominant blockchain in Korea, having secured the Central Bank Digital Currency (CBDC) project with the Bank of Korea. Klaytn is also integrated with super app KakaoTalk via its crypto wallet Klip, and accessible to the 45 million KakaoTalk users in the country.
Since its international launch in August 2021, Klaytn has signed 5 strategic partnership agreements with the following companies:
- Japanese tech giant GMO Internet Group to explore blockchain use cases on Klaytn, including a JPY-pegged stablecoin
- Indonesia’s Innovation Factory, the digitalisation arm of Salim Group, to explore blockchain-based applications, including asset management solutions, supply chain traceability as well as NFT use in gaming and entertainment
- Asian NFT marketplace East NFT, to harness the global LGBTQ crypto economy with NFTs based on Y Series content and to widen the horizon through collaborations with the world’s largest partners in the art, music and entertainment space
- US-based entertainment group Animal Concerts to mint NFTs for A-list celebrities, starting with an NFT auction for a household name artiste in Q1 2022
- Global fintech accelerator F10 to create an incubation program for blockchain startups in Singapore
“We have built tremendous momentum over the past 3 months and are well positioned to ride the metaverse wave in 2022. These strategic partnerships in Japan, Indonesia, Thailand, US, and Singapore are core components of our international expansion roadmap. More partnerships with leading gaming companies are in the pipeline,” says David Shin, head of global adoption at Klaytn Foundation.
Journalists based in Singapore are invited to our open house event on 24 Jan at 12pm in our office at Guoco Tower. The event includes a panel discussion at 1pm SGT titled: Blockchain in 2022–Into the Metaverse and Beyond!
Please contact our media representatives to RSVP for the open house, or for further details on any of the above partnerships.
For media enquiries:
Please contact our media team at email@example.com
About Klaytn Foundation
Klaytn Foundation is a non-profit organization that was established to accelerate global adoption and ecosystem maturity on Klaytn. The foundation manages the Klaytn Growth Fund and operates alongside Krust, a subsidiary of internet giant Kakao Corp that invests in projects built on Klaytn.