The Naughty Woman in Me

In response to KTHT Weekly Prompts March 28 — April 1

Photo by Jamie Brown on Unsplash

This quote spark ignited the naughty woman in me and below is a little essay that will tell you a bit more about her. ;)

“I am all for niceties. But, I love and appreciate a healthy dose of naughtiness in everything I do and everywhere I go as well. You need some sugar sweethearts as well as some total nuts to make your life a real party.”

Tina Sequeira

Sujona — means a good woman. Now, 80% of the time, I live up to my name’s meaning. The rest, 20%, is dictated by the naughty woman in me. I mentioned in one of my earlier posts about my wicked sense of humour.

I credit 80% of that quality to my genes and, more explicitly, lean towards my mom, and this woman dictates the rest.

Now she has a kind heart, this woman. But there are times when it’s not me but this woman driving my imagination. For instance, I travel by Rickshaw to work. This Rickshaw is the one I take every day. I have become his regular customer. But today, while travelling, I thought, ‘what if there is a clue behind a murder mystery hidden in this Rickshaw’? ‘What if this Rickshaw guy became my accomplice to restoring world peace?’

I know it’s too far-fetched, but this isn’t me, remember?

The Weird Conference Room Thoughts

And then there are times when meetings at conference rooms leave me staring at the wall for a good thirty seconds. I can feel this woman coming to life. She whispers in my ears, what if someone spilt their coffee right now? What if the presentation screen displayed something downright naughty instead of the boring presentation? What if I stand up on the conference room table and start dancing to ‘Hips Don’t Lie by Shakira’?

The last one seemed extremely inviting until I was brought back to reality when I was asked a question. Surprisingly my answer was considered appropriate, but the woman in me was laughing.

We have similar tastes, of course. We love food and the beach. But the way I see food is unlike her.

When I see a chocolate cake, she sees it as a tool to smudge the chocolate on one of my actor crushes. (hehe).

When I look at the waves at the beach, she imagines Aquaman emerging out of it and walking straight towards me and informing me that I am an essential person required in their mission.

Weird, but hey, she is fun.

The Issue of Morals

But she also can get quite evil at times. When someone hurts me, she wants me to conduct physical harm. It’s then we have a nasty internal fight of words. She thinks I deserve to be treated with compassion and kindness, and she is right. But then I must tell her that an eye for an eye never ended well.

This woman has a good heart. I can tell. But sometimes, her reasoning is far from mine. She emerges and takes over me when I talk to my girlfriends, and I wonder, am I this wild?

Well, she does also forewarn me when things seem shady. Sometimes she has the upper hand in judgement, and I tend to ignore her warning signs, but she pulls me back and puts sense into my head.

This woman is my saviour and adds naughtiness when I take life too seriously. When I feel guilty indulging in a sinful plate of fries, she makes me feel loved, informing me that I deserve to feel loved and what better than comfort food?

So, it may seem that I am writing this piece, but mostly it’s her. She nudged me when I was in the washroom, and she instructed me to write an essay on her. How could I not comply?

After all, I may hate her at times, but I love her more.

Because when life draws the black curtain, she adds colour to that curtain. Even though the means may seem unethical and immoral, at least she has the right intentions.

Thank you Ravyne Hawke, for this thought-provoking prompt.

It taught me to embrace all aspects of me. The naughty and nice.

Thank you to KTHT editors coach, Spyder, Diana C., jules and Ravyne Hawke for always cheering us on to be our authentic self and for motivating us write from the heart.

Dear reader, inclusion to the Medium Partner Program is currently not eligible for Indian writers. If you enjoyed reading this article, please consider buying me a cup of ‘coffee’ here.

Thanks so much for your time!

--

--

𝘈𝘶𝘵𝘩𝘦𝘯𝘵𝘪𝘤𝘪𝘵𝘺, 𝘷𝘶𝘭𝘯𝘦𝘳𝘢𝘣𝘪𝘭𝘪𝘵𝘺, 𝘢𝘸𝘢𝘳𝘦𝘯𝘦𝘴𝘴 & 𝘨𝘳𝘰𝘸𝘵𝘩 𝘵𝘩𝘳𝘰𝘶𝘨𝘩 𝘴𝘵𝘰𝘳𝘺𝘵𝘦𝘭𝘭𝘪𝘯𝘨, 𝘴𝘩𝘢𝘳𝘪𝘯𝘨 𝘰𝘧 𝘱𝘦𝘳𝘴𝘰𝘯𝘢𝘭 𝘦𝘹𝘱𝘦𝘳𝘪𝘦𝘯𝘤𝘦𝘴 𝘢𝘯𝘥 𝘬𝘯𝘰𝘸𝘭𝘦𝘥𝘨𝘦 𝘰𝘯 𝘴𝘱𝘪𝘳𝘪𝘵𝘶𝘢𝘭 𝘮𝘢𝘵𝘵𝘦𝘳𝘴.

Get the Medium app

A button that says 'Download on the App Store', and if clicked it will lead you to the iOS App store
A button that says 'Get it on, Google Play', and if clicked it will lead you to the Google Play store