Are You Inspired to Share Your Faith — Join Koinonia
How and why to join this publication
Koinonia — Stories to encourage, entertain and empower you in your faith, food, fitness, family, friendship, and fun.
We welcome stories that discuss your Christian faith. True life stories, testimonies, faith transformations, unique stories we want them all.
Are you a foodie? We are looking for stories that offer tips and tricks for eating healthy, important ingredients, myths about food, best restaurants, and whatever you have to offer that will make our mouths water and be healthy.
We appreciate stories that cover exercise and fitness. Inspiration, before-and-afters, breaking news, lessons learned, weight loss success stories; include them all.
We gladly receive stories about family. The good, the bad and the ugly. Parents, grandparents, children, extended family — we all have stories.
We accept stories of friendship. Heartwarming, motivational, end of friendships, real-life stories.
We desire stories of a creative nature. Do you paint? Tell us the story behind the artwork. Do you rock climb? Share with us your adventures. Anything creative is what we are looking for.
We met in 2004 at a Christian Writers’ Conference. We have been friends ever since. We have moved, had families and grandchildren. But we remain Sisters in Christ. The name for our publication, Koinonia, comes from the Greek.
Koinonia /ˌkoinəˈnēə/ is a Greek word that means Christian fellowship, sharing, partnership, and community.
Here we are together.
Kimberley is a motivational speaker and an award-winning author and a member of The Word Guild and Inscribe Christian Writer’s Fellowship. Her writing relates to raising a family, pursuing a healthy lifestyle, and everyday experiences to building a relationship with God. Kimberley, who lives near Toronto, Canada, offers practical, guilt-free tips on improving spiritual and physical health.
Through her work, Kimberley hopes to inspire women to live healthier lives that glorify God.
Kimberley J. Payne
A CATALYST TO LAUNCH YOU INTO A DAILY SPIRITUAL & PHYSICAL HEALTH ROUTINE Do you need a little push with your spiritual…
Janis is a creative catalyst who encourages Christians to study God’s Word through creativity, study and prayer. She is a member of Tribe Writers and Inscribe Christian Writer’s Fellowship. She started writing in her journal as a way to learn more about her faith. She is an award-winning author/illustrator of Tadeo Turtle and The Kingdom of Thrim. She has a podcast called Growing Through God’s Word. Janis is also an artist who loves doing Bible art.
What do you do? What has God inspired in your life? Share your stories.
We all have a story. Share yours with us!
Please read our Submission Guidelines before signing up to be a writer with us.
- The content of articles must be consistent with a Christian worldview and the historic Christian tradition reflected in the Apostles’ Creed.
Text of the Apostles’ Creed: I believe in God, the Father Almighty, the Creator of heaven and earth, and in Jesus Christ, His only Son, our Lord: Who was conceived of the Holy Spirit, born of the Virgin Mary, suffered under Pontius Pilate, was crucified, died, and was buried. The third day he rose again from the dead. He ascended into heaven, and sits at the right hand of God the Father. He will come again to judge the living and the dead. I believe in the Holy Spirit, the holy catholic* church, the communion of saints, the forgiveness of sins, the resurrection of the body, and life everlasting. Amen. *the whole or universal church — not any one denomination
- Your articles should be a story to either encourage, entertain or empower others.
- We accept stories on our topics of faith, food, fitness, family, friendship, and fun. However, our tags are Christianity, Relationships, Creativity, Health and Writing Tips. Please use 1 of these tags in your article so that it will show up in the menu.
- We require DRAFTS — not published articles, we prefer between 300 and 1500 words, and we accept only unpublished works.
- Your story must have at least one image at the top under the heading and subheading with proper credit. All photos need to be credited even personal ones.
- All submissions must be of a family-friendly nature. The editors reserve the right to edit when necessary and reject content we deem offensive or inappropriate for our wide audience.
- All submissions must be in English and free of grammar, spelling, or language issues. You are expected to fully edit and vet any piece before submitting for publication.
Ready to join us? Fill out the form
(Please allow 48–72 hours for us to review your application)
When to submit
When you are accepted to be a writer you will find our publication in the dropdown menu under the three dots. Remember to add at least one of our tags and 4 others of your choosing. Find a good picture to put at the top of your article under an interesting heading and add possibly a subheading too. Check with Write Better Headlines to get an idea of how exciting your heading will be.
Remember to submit only DRAFTS to our publication. Thank you.
We are waiting to hear from you.