Introducing Kollect’s Testnet Guide
As we draw close to the launch of our testnet, we prepared this step-by-step guide so that Kollectors can know exactly what features are available and how to use them. With this testnet, Kollectors will be able to go through one of the core use flows (Purchase to staking) so once the platform goes live, Kollectors will be more accustomed to its features and will know how to navigate an essential part of the ecosystem.
The step-by-step guide assumes that users have no prior experience with the Kollect testnet, and thereby do not have their MetaMask settings configured to interact with the testnet. The guide is separated into the following sections:
- How to Access the Testnet
- How to Connect your Wallet to Kollect’s platform
- How to Get Test Tokens
- How to Purchase Genesis Packs
- How to Synthesize Cards
- How to Stake and Unstake Kollect Cards into the Private Collection Book
When you are done testing the testnet, make sure to join our Discord and leave us your testnet feedback. We make sure to go through all feedback so we can create the best experience for you when the platform officially goes live! Who knows, maybe you will also get rewarded for your feedback!
- You must have a MetaMask wallet (https://metamask.io/) installed to your browser.
- Chrome/Brave browsers are recommended, Firefox could be buggy.
- Please use a Desktop/Laptop for now while we are still working on full mobile support.
How to Access the Testnet
- You can access Kollect’s testnet by going to Kollect’s homepage and pressing the button ‘Launch Testnet.’ This button will appear when the testnet goes live (December 17th, 2021). It will not be viewable until the testnet goes live.
How to Connect your Wallet to Kollect’s Platform
- To connect your MetaMask wallet to Kollect’s platform, you must first connect your MetaMask to Kollect Test Network.
a. Open MetaMask. Open your web browser and click the MetaMask extension in the top right corner.
b. Go to settings. Click on the logo of your MetaMask account in the top right corner of your MetaMask window. Then click on ‘Settings’.
c. Go to networks. Click ‘Network’ in the settings menu. A list will appear that contains all the networks that your MetaMask wallet can connect to. Click on ‘Add Network’ at the bottom of the networks window.
d. A new window will appear. MetaMask will ask you to enter the details of the new network. You will need the following data: Network name, New RPC URL, Chain ID. To add Kollect Test Network, enter the network details below.
Network Name: Kollect Test Network
New RPC Name: http://18.104.22.168:7545
Chain ID: 5777
e. Connect your MetaMask to the Kollect Test Network. Before you can use Kollect testnet, you have to connect your wallet to Kollect’s Test Network. You can do so by clicking on the current network in the top right of your MetaMask wallet. Then click on Kollect Test Network.
2. Connect your wallet to Kollect’s testnet.
a.) Enter the testnet page and click ‘Login’ found in the top right corner.
b.) Press ‘Connect with MetaMask’
C. A signature request will pop up after pressing ‘Connect with MetaMask’. Press ‘Sign’ to allow your MetaMask to connect to Kollect’s platform. Done.
How to Get Test Tokens (Dummy ETH)
Kollectors and testers can receive their test tokens by connecting their wallet to the testnet. Kollect will give all testers the ability to redeem 0.3 Dummy ETH and 1,000 KOL one time.
- Connect your wallet to Kollect’s testnet.
2. Press ‘My Page’ found at the top. Then press ‘Profile.’ You can redeem 0.3 Dummy ETH and 1,000 KOL one time to try during the testnet by pressing the ‘Receive Dummy ETH’ and ‘Receive Dummy KOL’ buttons.
3. If you do not see Dummy KOL in your MetaMask right away, press ‘Import tokens’ found towards the bottom of your MetaMask extension.
4. Add ‘Dummy KOL’ Token Contract Address (UPDATED): 0x6D17619E7A70Df209a5f27c392aD7eC07e417b25
5. Press ‘Add Custom Token’ when you are done adding the token address.
How to Continue Your Testnet Experience
Due to the Testnet Update, you will need to take a few steps in order to migrate the assets earned during your previous testnet journey. If you do not follow the directions, you will have to restart your work from the beginning. (Unpacking, synthesis, staking in collections)
- Go to settings. Click on the logo of your MetaMask account in the top right corner of your MetaMask window. Then click on ‘Settings’.
2. Press ‘Advanced.’ Then press ‘Reset Account.’
How to Purchase Genesis Packs
After you get your test tokens (Dummy ETH, Dummy KOL), you will be able to start your journey of testing Kollect’s platform. The first feature you are able to test is purchasing Genesis Packs found on Kollect.
- Navigate to and click “Packs” found in the top left corner of the testnet.
2. Find the pack you would like to purchase and press ‘Buy This.’
3. You will be navigated to the purchase page. Choose the number of packs you wish to purchase and press the ‘Buy now’ button.
4. Confirm Payment Method and order by pressing the ‘Confirm Purchase’ button.
5. A pop-up will appear giving you a notice that purchase collectibles will be stored in the Kollect account, network fees will be applied, and a wait time may be incurred. After reading the notice, press the ‘Continue’ button.
6. In this walk-through, we will select ‘Ethereum’ as the payment cryptocurrency as this is one of the test tokens distributed.
7. A new display will appear letting you know the amount of Dummy ETH that will be needed for the payment. After confirming the amount, press ‘Pay Now.’
8. You will receive a MetaMask notification confirming the payment along with the estimated gas fee. After checking, press ‘Confirm.’
9. Congratulations! You have purchased your first Genesis Pack on Kollect. Press ‘Show Activity’ to open your pack now and unveil the cards you received. Unopened packs can also be viewed by pressing ‘My Page’ found at the top of the platform and then ‘Packs.’ Opened packs and cards can be found in ‘Inventory.’
How to Synthesize Cards
After you have purchased some Genesis Packs with the Dummy ETH/Dummy KOL, you should have some Kollect Cards in your inventory. You are now ready to try the synthesis feature and combine your cards into new ones!
- Navigate to and click ‘Synthesis’ found towards the top left corner.
2. Select the Series you are interested in synthesizing for. In our testnet, we only have our native IP, Munchie Kings, available for synthesis. Click on ‘Munchie Kings series’.
3. Select the Card you wish to synthesize into. For this example, we will select and synthesize for TRISTAN.
4. Once we press the card we want to synthesize into, the needed assets will appear. In this case, we need GOBLIN and MURLOK to synthesize into SHINBI. If you do not have these two assets, you need to unpack them by purchasing more Genesis Packs.
5. If you have the needed assets in your inventory, you can press on the card images and they will turn into the colored version. If you do not have the card, a notice will appear stating “It’s not a card you own” and will remain greyed out.
6. Once you have the needed assets and press ‘Select Asset’, the “Synthesis” button will become active. Press ‘Synthesis’ to synthesize your cards into a new one.
7. A pop-up will appear from your MetaMask. Press ‘Confirm’
8. Congratulations! You have synthesized your first card. You can view this card by going to ‘My Page’ and checking your ‘Inventory.’
How to Stake and Unstake Kollect Cards into the Private Collection Book
After you have some Kollect cards, you are now eligible to stake them into the Private Collection book to reap rewards.
- Navigate to and click ‘Collection Books’ found towards the top left corner.
2. Select the IP/Brand as well as the Collection Set. For the testnet, the only brand available for staking will be our native IP, Munchie Kings. For our walk-through, we will be selecting the ‘Munchie King’s Season 2 Dumpling’ collection set.
3. When you open a collection set, you can view the assets that you have and are able to stake. The cards you have in your inventory will be viewable in red along with how many of those cards you have.
4. Find a Card you own and press ‘Select.’ If you own the card, the card’s name should be viewable beneath it. Continue by selecting your card’s name and pressing ‘Confirm’ when the MetaMask pop-up appears.
5. Congratulations! Your card has successfully been staked into the collection set. You can view your updated completion rate and expected rewards in the top right corner.
6. To unstake cards in your private collection, simply select the staked card you wish to unstake. A pop-up will appear asking if you want to unstake the card. Press ‘Yes’ and then ‘Confirm.’
Please be advised:
This is the release of Kollect’s beta testnet. Kollect NFTs purchased/received through purchase or airdrops will not be able to be integrated into the testnet.
Rewards or assets earned in the testnet will not be integrated into the official platform launch.
The Public Collection Book will not be released with the testnet. This feature will be integrated into Kollect after the official launch.
Kollect is a gamified collection card platform for any branded IPs. Our Collection Book system Kollect.book has a unique built-in play-to-earn feature, allowing users to strategically stake their cards in different collection books to maximize their rewards. Kollect.book enables flexible gamification of collecting activities. The games published by Kollect through Kollect.game are where users can put their collected NFT cards into real actions. Each of the branded IPs can have their own games and in-game currency. The first game in the Kollect ecosystem will be a play-to-earn battle card game with PvP and PvE combat modes. Kollect envisions becoming the hub for NFT collectibles and play-to-earn games.