Supergiant’s travel team is heading to KubeCon + CloudNativeCon Europe in Barcelona, Spain, May 20–23. We are proud to be a Gold sponsor of this landmark cloud native and Kubernetes event in the company of Intel, Datadog, Docker, JFrog, SAP, Instana, and others.
KubeCon + CloudNativeCon is CNCF’s flagship conference that brings together more than 10,000 representatives of open source communities to promote the cloud native ecosystem. The CNCF is the main driver of cloud native technologies and hosts and sponsors popular projects such as Kubernetes, Prometheus, CoreDNS, Envoy, OpenTracing, Fluentd, gRPC, and others. Its goal is to further the knowledge about cloud native technologies and to facilitate synergies between industry top developers, vendors, and end users.
How to Find Us
You can connect with Supergiant at KubeCon in Barcelona by:
- Visiting us at booth #G1 to talk with our Kubernetes experts and learn about our services (see the floor plan below to find us).
- Collecting a conference discount for any Supergiant University Kubernetes training courses. Talk to our booth staff to receive your exclusive discount card.
- Showing off your copy of the Kubernetes Pocket Dictionary — the coolest and most useful swag at KubeCon. Tweet @supergiantio with a pic!
Join Aaron and Clarke to Learn How to Create Kubernetes Experts
Interested to learn how we create Kubernetes experts here at Supergiant? Join Aaron Teague and Clarke Vennerbeck on Thursday, May 23, 11:55–12:30 in Hall 8.0 D2 where they will discuss their experience with becoming Kubernetes experts and now helping to create other Kubernetes experts. Both Certified Kubernetes Administrators (CKA), Aaron and Clarke will discuss tactics, approaches, and practical tips for training teams of any skill level to create new generations of Kubernetes experts. You can reserve your spot here.
When: Thursday, May 23, 2019, 11:55–12:30
Supergiant Announcements and Updates
Last year at KubeCon North American in Seattle, Washington USA, we presented our Supergiant 2.0.0 Beta , a dedicated Kubernetes toolkit for managing the lifecycle of Kubernetes clusters and applications. Since then, we’ve added a number of new features and components. Supergiant Control now supports Google Compute Engine (GCE) and Microsoft Azure K8s clusters, ships with the updated Application Catalog and a new cluster importing tool along with a boatload of other useful features.
Analyze is a plugin-based utility that helps administrators audit, monitor, and troubleshoot Kubernetes clusters. Our developers have built several plugins for controlling resource utilization in K8s clusters by setting container resource requests and limits and sunsetting under-utilized nodes.
Finally, we are excited to present the updated version of the Supergiant Capacity tool, which adds intelligent cluster auto-scaling functionality to your Kubernetes clusters.
Excited to find out more?! Then visit us at booth #G1 to see the Supergiant Toolkit in action. We’ll present a Toolkit demo showing you how to:
- Deploy an HA and secure Kubernetes cluster on AWS, GCE, Azure or Digital Ocean in five minutes.
- Install and manage Helm charts and Helm repos with the Application Catalog.
- Manage your cluster by adding/removing nodes, configuring networking, etc.
- Identify and fix cluster issues with Supergiant Analyze.
- Use intelligent cluster auto-scaling with Supergiant Capacity.
Throughout many years of managing Kubernetes production clusters and thousands of machine instances, Supergiant has nurtured powerful Kubernetes expertise. Developing in-house Kubernetes experts not only supports our mission-critical operations — it also puts us in a position to share our Kubernetes knowledge and experience with others.
To promote Kubernetes knowledge transfer, we have just officially launched Supergiant University with a series of on-site and online Kubernetes training courses. KubeCon attendees will get a first look at our classes and can receive a free Kubernetes training webinar.
Don’t Miss Your Opportunity to Learn
If you are interested in adopting cloud-native technologies or in developing new cloud native solutions, KubeCon + CloudNativeCon is a good place to meet cloud native enthusiasts and to learn about various technology topics and developments, including:
- Container runtimes (e.g., Docker, containerd)
- Kubernetes use cases
- How to customize and extend Kubernetes
- Microservices (e.g., gRPC)
- Service meshes (e.g., Istio)
- Cloud native approaches like CI/CD
- Monitoring, logging, and auditing toolkits
- Machine learning and data
- Storage and container networking
These topics will be covered in various sessions, trainings, and community meetings scheduled throughout the conference. You can check out the full conference schedulehere. There’s still time to register, but don’t dawdle because it’s expected to sell out early!
¡Nos vemos en Barcelona!
Originally published at https://supergiant.io.