2019 is a big year for KysenPool! We launched as a Cosmos Validator in July and experienced tremendous growth vertically with increased Cosmos staking delegations and horizontally across multiple network chains since then.
We focused on providing trusted and robust staking service, developing macro-economic data analytics platform, contributing to the blockchain community, strengthening our infrastructure, and expanding our networks, etc. Excited to share the achievements of this year with you. We wouldn’t be where we are today without you, and we are extremely grateful for all your trust and support!
How We Started — A Cosmos Validator
About a half year ago, KysenPool’s core team committed to become a Cosmos Validator. We firmly believed in the Cosmos ecosystem and was heavily invested in making this work, for Cosmos Hub and Cosmos SDK’s future.
- Our setup included the Yubico Hardware Security Module YubiHSM2.
- The validator key was generated and replicated in this Pine64 board running Ubuntu while it was air gapped!
- We then transported the keys to plug into physical hardware servers in Tier-3 data centers that’s behind private.
We launched into the Top 100 Cosmos Validators within 4 weeks!
Our goal is to establish a long term sustainable Staking-as-a-Service platform!
Journey of a Startup Validator
KysenPool launched into the Top 100 Cosmos Validators within 4 weeks. Our backstory…
Launched CosmosOutpost.io — Macro-economic Insights and Analytics Platform
To educate ourselves on how to interact with the Cosmos blockchain and help token holders make well-informed decisions, we built the macro-economic insights and analytics platform Cosmos Outpost, which provides the latest trends within the network chain.
- Global Uptime — this shows ALL the active validators and their successful pre-commits on the last 100 blocks (approximately 15 mins).
- Network Stats — this is an interactive dashboard that currently shows a summary, summed up daily as a histogram analytics set of panels.
We’ll be building out more features of Cosmos Outpost and also extending it to Tendermint-based Proof-of-Stake consensus protocol networks.
Cosmos Outpost — Network Stats
The Outpost is the Macro-economic Insights Platform, positioned independently from the main network chains able to…
Joined Harmony Mainnet via Foundational Node program
We were fortunate to have gotten to know Harmony’s technically strong co-founders and their intricate network of Silicon Valley entrepreneurs prior to their inception. We were heavily invested and committed to helping strengthen Harmony’s MainNet release by hosting several Harmony Foundational Nodes to stake validators for the long haul. We joined the mainnet from day $ONE! And we are glad to announce that we will also definitely participate Harmony Open Staking, which will come in early 2020!
Went Live with Terra and now activated Oracle Voting for Terra’s Stablecoin
Terra has an impressive rollout strategy in the eCommerce space, and backed by major exchanges, including Binance Labs, Okex, Huobi Capital, and Dunamu & Partners. Mainstream crypto funds have also invested totaling USD $32 million in 2018, including Michael Arrington’s XRP Capital, Polychain Capital, FBG Capital, Translink Capital, Kakao Investments and many others.
We reached out to them as we were really encouraged about their go-to-market strategy via retailers, enabling them to offer a price advantage when paying through the CHAI payment gateway with Terra stablecoins. Hence we carved out some time to zoom in on bringing up the network and went live with Terra within a week in October. Talk about speed!
Started Running XRP node and Doing Research on the Interledger Projects
XRP is going to solve for cross-border payments with its low transactions fees, near instant verification, with a reliable network. We’re excited to be a part of the XRP MainNet!
Went Live on Cardano Shelley Incentivized Testnet
The Cardano Shelley Incentivized Testnet was officially live in December. After participating in the first Daedalus / Yoroi wallet snapshots and registering our nodes, our testnet Stake Pool has been up and ready for ADA delegation (Ticker: KYSN). To help delegators start staking and earning ADA rewards, we published the step-by-step guide How to stake Cardano ($ADA).
How to stake Cardano ($ADA) using Daedalus Rewards Wallet
The Cardano Shelley Incentivized Testnet is Officially Live. ADA holders now can start to delegate the stake and earn…
Winner of Akash Founding Member Challenge
KysenPool was one of Akash Founding Member Challenge winners! Akash is the world’s first super cloud for serverless computing, empowering the architects and builders of the internet with greater access, freedom, and efficiency. We were so glad to be part of the challenge. Congratulations to all the winners!
Announcing Our Founding Member Challenge Winners & Leaderboard! | Akash Network
Four weeks ago, we launched the Akash Founding Member Rewards Program for early contributors to Akash's testnet and…
Participated Back to Back Upgrades
- Cosmos Hub 3 launched successfully in December! This was the first major Cosmos Hub upgrade since launching in March 2019. Everything went smoothly in the process. Congratulations to Cosmos community. Welcome to the new 25 validators! Thanks Ether Gavin (Figment Networks ) , Tendermint Team, IRISNet, B_Harvest, Dokia, Forbole, StakeFish, Certus One, Chorus One, Sikka Tech, Jack Zampolin, Zaki Manian ( Iqlusion ), Ztake.org, KalpaTech, Melea, etc. for the valuable work.
- Within the same week, Terra MainNet upgraded to Columbus-3 successfully with a 0.5% transaction fee! Thanks to Terra, B_Harvest, Stake.id, Forbole, Certus One, StakeWith.Us, ChainLayer, etc. who made sure the hard fork went smoothly. Congratulate to all the validators.
Thank you for the continued support this year! Looking forward to continuing to grow with you in 2020！
We wish you all a Happy and Prosperous New Year!