How to stake Cardano ($ADA) using Daedalus Mainnet Wallet
The Cardano Shelley Mainnet is Officially Live 🎉🎉🎉!! $ADA holders now can start to delegate the stake and earn rewards.
KysenPool is now Up & Running on Shelley Mainnet (Ticker: KYSN) and ready for delegation!
In this step-by-step guide, we will explain to you how to delegate $ADA using Daedalus Mainnet Wallet. Let’s get started!
1 Install Daedalus Mainnet Wallet
2 Restore wallets
3 Create a New wallet
4 Move $ADA from Byron legacy wallet to Shelly mainnet wallet
5 Delegate your stake
Install Daedalus Mainnet Wallet
- Go to daedaluswallet.io/en/download, download and install the latest version of Daedalus mainnet wallet.
- Open Daedalus wallet, accept the default settings → Click on ‘Continue’.
- Review and accept the Terms of Service Agreement → Click on ‘Continue’.
- If you have the previous Daedalus version with your wallets installed, the wallet import feature runs automatically and detects your wallets. Select the wallets and click the ‘Import selected wallet’ button to import them.
- Click on ‘Close window’ to proceed to the main user interface.
You can also restore wallets on the main user interface.
- Click on ‘Add wallet’ → Choose ‘Restore’.
- After selecting the type of wallet, click on ‘Continue’.
- Enter Recovery phrase, Wallet Name and Password to restore the wallet.
- After the restoring completed, you would see the wallet on the top left corner.
Create a New wallet
Since only new Shelley mainnet wallets support delegation, we need to create a new Shelley-compatible wallet first, and then move the funds from Byron legacy wallets to the new one.
- Click on the ‘Create a new wallet’.
- Choose on ‘Create’.
- A window will pop up. Enter the name and spending password → Click on ‘Create Shelley wallet’.
- Confirm that nobody can see or record your screen → Click on ‘Continue’.
- Write down the list of 24 words → Click on ‘Yes, I have written my wallet recovery phrase’. Recovery phrase can be used to recover your wallet. Anybody else who discovers the phrase can steal your $ADA, so it must be kept safe like jewels or cash.
- Enter your 24 words wallet recovery phrase in the correct order to verify it → Click on ‘Confirm’.
- Read the text carefully and tick the 3 boxes. Click on ‘Confirm’.
- You will see the new wallet on the top left corner.
Move $ADA from Byron legacy wallet to Shelly mainnet wallet
- Select Byron legacy wallet → Click on ‘Move ADA to an existing wallet’.
- A window will pop up. Choose a Shelley-compatible wallet that you would like to move the funds from Byron legacy wallet to → Click on ‘Continue’.
- Enter the spending password of Byron legacy wallet → Click on ‘Transfer funds’.
- Your $ADA would be moved to the new wallet after the transaction completed. It only takes few seconds. Super fast!⚡️
- Now, you can start delegating the stake!
Delegate your stake
- Click on the second icon from the top in the main navigation to access delegate features → Choose ‘Delegate center’.
- Click on ‘Delegate’.
- Read the steps → Click on ‘Continue’.
- Choose a wallet with funds that you would like to delegate → Click on ‘Continue’.
- Select a stake pool. Let’s say you pick us, KysenPool (Ticker: KYSN).
- Enter KYSN in search bar
- Choose KYSN
- Click on ‘Continue’
- Enter the spending password → Click on ‘Confirm’.
- Congratulations! You’ve just delegated $ADA to a stake pool. 🎉🎉🎉
If you have any questions, please feel free to chat with us directly in our Telegram group.
KysenPool Presents to the community of blockchain token holders a choice of a secure enterprise-grade infrastructure performing blockchain validation services.
Formidable hybrid cloud setup into dedicated servers in a private cage with biometric access control in a Tier 3 Equinix facility.
From AWS Virtual Private Cloud firewalls to physical dedicated firewalls, creating multiple layers of protection to mitigate against breaches.
We build in operational policies to ensure high-availability with secondary server fallbacks and repeatable orchestration layers.
Stake with KYSN and Enjoy Rewards!
Disclaimer: The guide information provided by Kysen Tech on any online channel is for general informational purposes only. All information is provided in a good faith, however we make no representation or warranty of any kind, express or implied, regarding the accuracy, adequacy, validity, reliability, availability or completeness of any information in the article.