Ladder is Going Nationwide!
Get Ready for Easy Life Insurance, America.
Ladder is on a mission to change life insurance by making it instant, simple, and smart. We passionately believe life insurance should be built for people, not for the industry. And our early success shows that people agree!
We launched Ladder in our home state of California in January. The response from customers has been just what we hoped it would be:
While we continue to grow in California, people from all over the country have been asking Ladder to come to their states. We are on our way, and today we are proud to announce that Ladder is available in the great state of Texas, in addition to our beloved California.
By the end of the year, we will be rolling out in the vast majority of states across the country. Visit us at www.ladderlife.com, and if we are not available in your state yet, you can leave your email address and we will let you know when Ladder is available in your neck of the woods.
Why People Love Ladder.
If you’re wondering what is so revolutionary about Ladder, here is what the fuss is all about:
- Ladder is fast. It’s easy to complete our application in as little as 5 minutes, and we offer instant decisions. Your time is important, and we built our product to respect that.
- Ladder has great prices. We believe life insurance should be affordable, so our prices are outstanding. We do not have any policy fees or hidden costs.
- Ladder is user-centric. Our product is designed for customers, not commissioned brokers. It is beautiful and seamless. We build technology that puts the power in customers’ hands. And we’re constantly innovating to give customers the ability to get life insurance in place easily.
- Ladder is dynamic. In April, we launched our money-saving Laddering feature. It gives customers the choice to reduce their coverage (and their price) by “laddering down” as their needs decrease. They can also apply for more coverage easily if their needs have grown.
Ladder’s technology is making life insurance accessible for more people.
We believe in the power of life insurance, and we want to transform the industry so it is accessible to more people. There’s a $16 trillion life insurance gap in the United States¹ and it’s estimated that 30% of American households that should have life insurance², don’t have any at all. This means more than 37 million American families are completely uninsured and at financial risk if their primary wage earner dies unexpectedly³.
Ladder is solving this problem by making life insurance as easy to get as possible:
- 24/7 access. 60% of our customers’ interactions take place outside business hours. Not everyone can take hours off in the middle of the day to meet with an agent. With Ladder, they don’t have to.
- Mobile. The majority of our customers access Ladder on mobile devices and can complete a quote and application on their phone. We also integrated with the Alexa and Google Assistant platforms so you can get life insurance questions answered and get a quote whenever it is convenient for you.
- ~5 minutes. The Ladder process is up to 10,000x faster than the traditional process which can take as long as 8 weeks. It’s a streamlined application that can be completed in as little as 5 minutes. We offer fully underwritten pricing (better for the user) at the speeds of today.
If you’re in Texas, welcome to better life insurance! If you live outside Texas and California, know we are moving mountains to get to you quickly. It is not an easy task to bring revolutionary life insurance to a new state, but we are motivated by our belief in our product and our belief in you. We will be there soon. We are on our way.
¹Life Insurance Coverage Gap Substantial and Growing (LIMRA, September 2015).
²2016 Insurance Barometer Study (LIMRA / Life Happens).
³2016 Household Trends in Life Insurance Ownership Study (LIMRA, September 2016).