Larger by the day: Week 1
To my lone readers and mom,
“Larger by the day” was perfectly descriptive of the old me…
Reminder- Me last week:
But with our little Lua here, “larger by the day” will now chronicle her sweet days, which I will eat up and savor every little moment. Never ever grow up, our little Lua. Stay with mommy forever!!!
Ok anyway… here’s Lua’s first week on the outside recap…
- Born 9/12/2016 at 9:03 pm — 5 lb. 13 oz. — 19 inches — after my water broke at home at 2:10 am.
- Contractions are worse than Donald Trump and Fox News. Epidural went in around 3pm.
- Our Delivery team was Dr. Carson and Nurse Bonnie whom we ❤️❤️
- Baby Lua met her Aunties Haley and Alyssa and memaw Rindy and Papa Peter that night.
- We came home on Wednesday afternoon and memaw and auntie had made us dinner and pie!
- We spent Thursday sleeping and soaking in her sweet face.
- Friday morning was our lactation appointment and we were so sad to learn Lua had slimmed down to 5 lb. 3 oz. so we went on a heavy feeding plan for the next 24 hours.
- Saturday morning we went back to lactation after a night of truly no sleep as our feeding plan had a cycle that repeated itself every 3 hours but took 2–2.5 hours to complete. But Lua had gained 3 oz over night!!!!
- Sunday lounge.
- Monday was our first day without daddy bc he had to go back to work. We managed your first pediatric appointment all on our own! And you weighed 5 lb. 10 oz. only 3 more oz. to go before you’re back to your birth weight! We are on it.
In summary, we are so deeply in love with our Lua Lucielle. Week one on the outside is already behind us and in week two we plan to go see family in WA, get newborn pics, and get more plump!
And heyyyy…thank God I’m not pregnant anymore. This is way better!