Send video fast with your Android mobile device.
latakoo has launched its first-ever Android app in the Google play store.
The latakoo Flight app for Android is recommended for phones released after 2016. The OS should be 5.1 Lollipop or higher. The app has been tested most extensively on the Galaxy Note 4 and the Samsung Galaxy 7 & 8.
Record in the Flight Mobile app
- The capture feature functions just like the camera on your phone. Scroll between recording video, photos and audio here. The app will prompt you to record video horizontally, unless you change this preference under settings.
- After taking a image or video, you can click on the thumbnail to be taken directly to the media, where you can view, trim and send to latakoo.
- Change the camera direction.
- Change the flash settings.
- Click to exit camera.
Accessing your phone’s library
Once you’ve selected “Library” from the menu at the bottom of the Flight app, use the top navigation to toggle between between video, photos and audio files.
- Click on any single media, in this case video file, to isolate the file. With video, you’ll have the option to trim the file, preview the file and then send the file to latakoo Pilot.
- Or, select “Stitch” from the top right corner and select multiple files to send as one file. These clips will be put together as one video in the order you select them. Groups of photos can be sent the same way.
- Click “Send” in the top right corner to start the send process.
Send Video, Photos and Audio files to latakoo Pilot
Once the individual file or groups of files are selected, and you’ve clicked “Send,” you’ll be taken to a page to enter details about the file you are uploading.
- Enter a title of the video, along with keywords.
- Select an upload quality. A “Rush” setting (the slider all the way to the left) will produce the smallest file, while sliding the quality further to the right will produce a larger, higher-quality file. This feature will not be available with photos or audio.
3. Select the upload network. Clicking here will allow you to select the networks you want to see.
4. “Send to contact” allows you to email the video to contacts from your address book.
5. Click “Send” to begin the upload.You will see the upload progress on the next screen or be prompted to complete a metadata form for the upload.
Using latakoo Pilot
Select Pilot from the bottom menu to see files uploaded to networks in latakoo.com, a content feed we call Pilot.
- Click the top left icon to filter the networks that appear in your Pilot feed. You can select all, or just some of the networks you have access to.
- Use the search feature to locate content by uploader name, file name keywords or metadata, such as scripts.
- Click on any item in the Pilot feed to isolate that content. From here you can view, download, delete, share, copy, move and add notes to the file. Comments will trigger an email to the person who uploaded the file.
Download our mobile guide for more detailed, step-by-step instructions to upload video, audio and photos as well as search Pilot, add metadata and download clips right to your Android device.
Or, watch a short training video from our Customer Success Director, Ryan Emmons.
Have more questions? Contact latakoo support for help with your account.