latakoo Flight Mobile has enhanced editing options for iPhone, iPad and Android users
latakoo launched an updated iPhone and Android applications with enhanced editing, great for digital crews on deadline. Shoot, edit and upload with one mobile application.
Step One: Creating a Project
Click on the Edit-Beta option from the menu at the bottom of the Flight app. This opens a window to select media for your project.
1. To start a project, select photos and video clips. You can toggle between all media, images and video from your phone’s library. If you want to combine photos and video in one project, you must select them from the “All” tab. Click on each clip/photo in the order you want it to appear in your project.
First, we’re building the visual elements and once that’s constructed, we can add audio.
2. Select “Add.” This will take you to a screen where you will name your project.
3. If you want to reorder your clips, you can drag and drop the thumbnails to the correct order.
4. Give your project a name. This will be the name of the file in your library after it exports.
5. If you use photos in the project, you can determine how long they will be shown. Slide the bar to select a number of seconds to show the image.
6. Click Next to build the project.
Step Two: Edit Visuals on the Timeline
This is the view under the “Video” tab. Press play to preview the project and the order of the clips and images you selected.
2. Use the “+” to add video or images in that location on the timeline. This action will open the library where you can select media.
3. The “Edit” button under each clip isolates the media. For photos, click the edit to open the photo editing tools (crop, filter, resize, rotate and add text). Click “Done” to exit the edit menu and “Save” to apply changes.
For videos, the edit tool will allow you to trim the video and adjust the audio level of the clip. When you press play to preview the clip, a white bar appears to mark the position in the video. Tap the video to pause it. Use the white bar to mark the “in” point of the edit and then drag the trim bar to set the edit point. Repeat to set the “out” point. Press play to preview the clip. Click “Save” to apply the changes to the timeline.
Step Three: Adding Audio to the Timeline
Click the audio tab. To set the start point of the audio clip in the timeline, press play to locate that point or use the white bar to scrub to the point where you want the audio to begin.
Then, choose the source of your audio.
1. Selecting the library icon opens the audio files from the latakoo app’s library. Any audio recorded in the app will be accessible. Select the clip you want to add and it will appear on the timeline at the location you selected.
2. Selecting the microphone icon allows you to record audio within the project. Press the microphone icon again to begin recording. You’ll be able to review the recording when finished. Click “Upload” to add the file to your project. This action also adds the recording to the latakoo app library.
Once you’ve added the audio to your project, you can edit the clip, by clicking on the audio file in the timeline.
Here, you’ll be able to preview and edit the clip.
4. Delete the clip.
5. Set the audio level for the clip.
6. Trim the clip.
7. Adjust or set the position in the timeline that the audio begins.
8. Click “Save” to apply your changes.
Step Four: Exporting Your Project
When you’ve completed your project and returned to the edit timeline, click “Save” to begin exporting the file. There is no way yet to save a project in process.
Please note: you have a choice of the qualities to export the file: Medium 360p(640x360), HD 720p(1280x720), HD 1080p(1920x1080).
Make a selection and the video will begin to render and export to your library. The editor will maintain the bit rate and frame rate of the source video. After the video is exported, you can find it in your library and upload it to latakoo.com.
Have more questions? Contact our support team.