As salaam alaikum & Peace,
6 years ago I had an idea to start a Muslim crowdfunding site, LaunchGood.com.
So…I enrolled in a now-defunct Detroit incubator, partnered with a mentor who invested $20k, joined forces with 2 incredible co-founders, hired a group of developers in Pakistan, spent 18 months launching the first version of the website, frantically switched to a pair of American developers, built a global/remote team of 16 incredible Muslims and — phew! — we finally have a sustainable, impactful startup for the Muslim community!
To date (as of this post, 7/18/2017):
◇ $27 million funds raised
◇ 2,296 campaigns
◇ 89 countries
◇ 149k users
Along the way, we’ve learned so much — through brilliant successes like our Ramadan Challenge, and embarrassing failures like our first-campaign flop — and it’s time to share those experiences in order to help other startups in the Islamic economy flourish!
So what should you expect?
• An epic 3-part recap of our wildly successful 2017 Ramadan Challenge
• How to host destination team retreats for a global team (we’ve done them in: Michigan, Florida, Atlanta, St. Thomas 🌴, Dallas, Boston, California, New York, and soon the U.K.)
• Dealing with copycat websites (“We are all brothers…” 😑)
• Free-sabilillah 💸
• Assembling an all-star team with no funding
• Where are they now: interviews & updates with past campaign creators
• Case studies: what it takes to run a successful crowdfunding campaign 🏆
• How to win a $100,000 award (for real!)
• Best tools of the trade (e.g. MailChimp alternative at 10% the cost)
We can’t wait! What would you like to hear from us?
💚 Team LaunchGood — Chris Abdur-Rahman Blauvelt, Amany Killawi, Omar E. Hamid, Nafee Rashid, Farah El-Jayyousi, Bilal Ayub, Tahir Aziz, Ameera Begum Aslam, Lotifa Begum, Summer Adhal, Louie Al-Hashimi, Khalida DuBose, Ayisha Hameed, Sharmin Hakim, Ryan Steadman & Ryan Martell
ps — don’t forget to subscribe below 👇