We are hiring! Head of Platform & Community
LAUNCHub Ventures is looking for Head of Platform & Community — in touch on a daily basis with early-stage startups and entrepreneurs who are building revolutionary companies. The Head of Platform & Community would provide operational support across the fund’s portfolio while being a highly visible LAUNCHub Ventures representative to the regional (SEE/CEE) startup community ecosystem. This is a great role for a person who possess impressive interpersonal skills, gets along quickly with any character types, and knows how to coordinate all involved stakeholders in timely fashion.
The role includes being in charge of developing and enhancing the services offered to the portfolio, working with various service providers to extend that offering. The candidate will support proactively the portfolio startups in various challenges they face using the LAUNCHub’s service and advisors community networks.
Head of Platform & Community will also develop and extend LAUNCHub’s community network of experts, founders, investors and other industry key figures and will consistently discover new advisors and pathways to step in and help boosting the performance of the fund’s portfolio companies.
The person will continue to develop and grow LAUNCHub‘s extensive ‘external’ network in the regional startup ecosystem, building relations with key ecosystem players, opinion leaders, event organizers, co-working spaces and other community hubs, media, bloggers and influencers.
The role requires as well to work on LAUNCHub Ventures brand identity, PR and marketing strategy, and to assist the portfolio in PR and marketing activities. The Head of Platform & Community will execute those marketing and communication strategies, potentially coordinating with external subcontractor agencies and freelancers, as well as the internal core team.
Key Areas of Responsibility:
● Building and managing LAUNCHub Ventures service providers network; negotiation with service providers, constantly enriching the catalogue
● Creating and curating a curriculum of online webinars and best practices for the portfolio, maintaining and enriching the community network of experts (example: sales, hiring, customer acquisition experts etc.)
● Developing recurring practices for cross portfolio engagement, information and knowledge sharing
● In close relation with LAUNCHub’s partners managing the internal portfolio support program “Series A Academy” tailored for each portfolio company with the purpose of successful fundraising of follow-on investment round
● Managing an internal PLATFORM portal for portfolio founders
● Building and enlarging LAUNCHub’s advisor network
● Building relations with key startup ecosystem players, founders, opinion leaders, co- working spaces and other regional hubs, accelerators, angel clubs, regional tech media and bloggers
● Organization of fund’s physical and online events, office hours, meetups, Internal events (LP meetings, founder gatherings, other events)
● Negotiating partnerships with key regional conferences, startup competitions and other event formats; ensure the LAUNCHub’s presence in every key regional event
● Proactive and out of the box approach to create or join initiatives within the regional startup community ecosystem
● Managing relationships and business with branding and media stakeholders
● Assist in development of editorial content and creation of LAUNCHub Ventures content for distribution to broader community on a recurring basis
● Assist in media reach, PR and branding efforts both for the portfolio as well as the fund itself
● In charge of distributing recurring newsletters and other content, including fund’s own blog, medium, social media channels and any other relevant channels
· At least 2 years of experience in and around startups, especially in a product, business development, community or marketing role
· Fluency in English is an absolute must
· Passionate about building great companies and helping entrepreneurs win
· Networker by soul. “Connector” is your middle name
· Adapt and learn new things quickly, solve expected and unexpected challenges
· Highly organised, able to perform both independently and as part of a team under pressure
· Flexible in the type and scope of tasks to be taken on, eager to learn on the go
· A ‘can-do’ attitude is a must
· Ability to communicate in a clear and structured manner
· Positive, team player, open-minded
· Soft skills help fit into this tightly-knit team
· Initially based in Sofia, Bulgaria, could be flexible on location once fully onboarded, provided that communications with the the team work well
What we offer:
· An opportunity to build your industry knowledge in a leading VC firm in the SEE/CEE region; an opportunity to enter the Venture Capital word and build a career through a non-Investment role
· A small but dynamic team of all very different individuals, skill sets and experiences to help you develop both professionally and personally
· A ‘non-corporate’ environment that encourage initiatives, proactiveness and provides opportunities to grow
· Flexible hours and the possibility to work remotely
How to apply:
Please apply at email@example.com with subject “Head of Platform & Community job application” attaching your CV. Cover letters are not required, but feel free to add additional information in the body of the email, if you wish so. Short-listed candidates will be contacted and will receive additional assignments.
About LAUNCHub Ventures
LAUNCHub Ventures is a leading early-stage venture capital firm investing in founders building technology companies from Southeastern and Central Europe (SEE & CEE). Key player in the regional startup ecosystem for 10 years, the latest LAUNCHub Ventures fund of EUR 70M is in its 1st year of investment period. The fundinvests as first step between €300K and €2M in scalable businesses with initial traction, with the capacity to continue supporting the portfolio companies in follow-on rounds. LAUNCHub Ventures is backed by many prominent founders and entrepreneurs from the digital sector in the SEE region and has attracted as anchor investors the European Investment Fund (EIF) and the International Finance Corporation (IFC, part of the World Bank group).
Learn more about LAUNCHub Ventures’ portfolio, team, and investment thesis by visiting www.launchub.com