[HIRED] We’re hiring! Financial Analyst
Join LAUNCHub Ventures team and work directly with the CFO
Note: This role has been filled. Thank you for your interest.
We are looking for an analyst to support the function of the CFO, specifically in valuations, financial modelling, reporting to investors, analyzing investments and divestments, and a number of other diverse tasks and responsibilities.
As a Financial Analyst you will work closely with the Chief Financial Officer, support the Investment Committee as well as the rest of the team.
You will engage on a regular and ad-hoc basis in building information databases for financial planning and various reporting purposes, as requested by the institutional investors of the Fund and for internal purposes. You will support the Partners in the fundraising process and support investor relations.
You would additionally interact with the IFRS accountants and other service providers of the Fund and the various entities within the structure.
Key Areas of Responsibility:
- Responsibility for both regular and ad-hoc valuations; working with the team and auditors (where relevant) to agree and document portfolio company valuations
- Support with regular reporting to the Fund’s investors and other ad-hoc communications and reporting
- Building and maintaining databases with investment data for analysis, reporting and tracking purposes
- Collecting and analysing portfolio companies’ financial results
- Support with capital calls, capital distributions and other cash flow matters
- Support with calculating profit sharing between the investors and the Fund Manager
- Support with new fundraising efforts
We are looking for a person with a strong financial background and ideally expertise in valuations and financial modelling.
- We are willing to look at different levels of work experience, with around 3 years as a median
- Fluency in English is an absolute must
- We expect a finance/business degree from a reputable university
- Experience with valuation and financial modelling & budgeting is a strong advantage
- Highly analytical, with exceptional attention to detail
- Highly organised, able to perform both independently and as part of a team under pressure
- Flexible in the type and scope of tasks to be taken on, eager to learn on the go
- A ‘can-do’ attitude is a must
- Ability to communicate in a clear and structured manner
- Positive, team player, open-minded
- Soft skills help fit into this tightly-knit team
- Bulgaria-based, preferably Sofia, could be flexible on location once fully-onboarded, provided that communications with the CFO and the rest of the team work well
What we offer:
- An opportunity to build your industry knowledge in a very distinctive and sought-after field (venture capital management)
- An exceptional opportunity to develop a unique skills set, working very closely and hands-on with the CFO and everyone involved in the running and success of the Fund
- A small but dynamic team of all very different individuals, skill sets and experiences to help you develop both professionally and personally
- Flexible hours and the possibility to work remotely
How to apply:
Please send a CV to firstname.lastname@example.org. Cover letters are not required, but feel free to add additional information in the body of the email, if you wish so. Additional assignments will be given to short-listed candidates.
About LAUNCHub Ventures
LAUNCHub Ventures is a leading early-stage venture capital Fund Manager with a focus on founders building technology companies from Southeastern and Central Europe (SEE & CEE). There are currently 3 funds under the LAUNCHub umbrella, with the latest being a EUR 70m+ vehicle in the first 6 months of its investment period. LAUNCHub invests between €300K and €2 million in scalable businesses with initial traction, with the capacity to continue supporting the portfolio companies in future rounds. Anchor investors in the Fund include the European Investment Fund (EIF), the International Finance Corporation (IFC, part of the World Bank group) and prominent founders and entrepreneurs from the digital sector in the SEE region.
Learn more about LAUNCHub Ventures’ portfolio, team, and investment thesis by visiting www.launchub.com.