Welcome to the LDN Blog!
tl;dr: We created this space to become more transparent with the communities of Nerdist, Geek & Sundry, and Amy Poehler’s Smart Girls. You can expect updates from Legendary Digital Networks (LDN) regarding product enhancements and changes, as well as marketing and other business-centric updates, right here on Medium.
My name is Rachel Romero and I am the marketing lead for Legendary Digital Networks. The purpose of this blog is for us to provide transparency on what we’re working on, why we’re working on it, and how we will put our plans into action.
One of the things that we have realized over the past few weeks is that we don’t have one central place to communicate with you. Oftentimes, messages are spread around our social media channels, Discord, Twitch chat, YouTube comments — all places where it’s really easy to miss a particular message.
We need to continue to do a better job of asking for feedback and answering questions — this blog is one way that we can communicate with our audience as a whole. If we’re truly community-focused, we have to improve the way that we listen. Expect to see a few surveys here and there that ask you for your opinion. I know it seems formal, but it’s the easiest way to capture everyone’s feedback so that we can effectively learn and evolve to meet your needs as our platforms continue to grow.
It’s very clear that our community is full of passionate and supportive people. I am very happy that we were able to bring back Gather Your Party to the G&S Twitch schedule on Friday evenings — this was a direct result of feedback from the community. I ask that you continue to give us feedback, both good and bad.
What you can expect to see here
- Technical product updates from our websites: nerdist.com, geekandsundry.com, amysmartgirls.com, projectalpha.com
- Product roadmap sharing and discussion
- Marketing updates
- Answers to questions raised by our community
- We have been working feverishly over the past few weeks to collect feedback from our Alpha early access participants. In the next few days, we’ll share our Alpha product roadmap with you, which will include bug features and product enhancements, based on all of the suggestions and notes we have received so far.
- You can also expect a post outlining changes to the Alpha terms of service (TOS), which addresses issues and concerns raised by our community.
If there’s anything else you’d like to see here or if I can provide more clarity on anything above, please drop a comment and let us know. I ask very kindly that we keep our conversations here respectful and productive.
We’re excited to start a dialogue here with you!
Marketing lead, LDN