Business & Politics — the Russian Invasion and the War against Ukraine
Due to the Russian invasion of Ukraine, there will be no business article published this week.
In addition, I, hereby make the following personal statement:
1) I, Niels Brabandt, and NB Networks, my company, fully support Ukraine.
2) Without provocation, Russia invaded Ukraine. By doing so, Russia breaches international law and commits a crime against humanity. I publicly condemn this barbaric act.
3) I distance myself from any vendor that creates “special offers” and uses the war against Ukraine as a marketing tool or event. This sales/marketing approach is highly unethical and immoral. I publicly condemn anyone showing this or any similar market approach.
4) Certain trainer/speaker/coach industry associations and/or trade bodies refused to condemn or prohibit the actions mentioned under (3) or let them happen without comment. The leaders of these self-proclaimed trade bodies and/or associations, none of which has enough members to claim to speak for the industry, are considered complicit. I distance myself from these organisations and recommend not doing business with their members. These so-called trade bodies and/or associations represent dubious interests that do not represent the training/speaking/coaching industry.
5) Anyone supporting Russia or their invasion and anyone who follows absurd, non-factual claims (e.g. NATO is to blame as the aggressor), please unfollow me on any platform and refrain from contacting me at any time now or in the future. No connection of any kind, neither private nor business, with people supporting these opinions is considered acceptable.
6) There is no neutrality, indifference, or excuse in this war situation. Any sign of indifference must be considered complicity, and these people have to be dealt with accordingly.
I received numerous emails asking me if a political opinion can or should influence job decisions.
A brief statement is available here: click here.
Solidarity with Ukraine.
End the Russian invasion.
Stop the war.
The Auschwitz Memorial / Auschwitz Muzeum described anything you need to know about the situation in which we are:
Thank you very much for taking the time to read.
Please, stay healthy.
Please, take care.