The Acqurate Score
How our unique rating system works.
The score is based on an algorithm that can be played like an instrument. A user has control over “important” and “preferred” attributes. There is no secret sauce or black box — the algorithm is completely obvious, and based on simple addition and multiplication.
Review scores are the foundation. Unlike generic reviews that give each product an overall score, Acqurate assigns a separate score for each significant attribute. When an item has multiple reviews for an attribute, they are averaged to generate Attribute scores.
- Attribute scores are weighted by their Importance,
- For each Preferred feature an item has, it receives two additional points.
Adding 1 and 2 produces the “Raw Score.”
The “Best Possible Score” is earned by an item with 10/10 for every attribute and with every matching feature.
Divide the Raw Score by the Best Possible Score, multiply by 100, and you have the Acqurate Score.
Note: Acqurate has a unique system to determine the credibility of reviewers. Attribute scores are weighted based on credibility.
- Review scores x Credibility = Item’s Attribute scores
- Attribute scores x Importance + Preferred Features = Raw Score
- Raw Score / Best Possible Score x 100 = The Acqurate Score