Earn Your Spot on the Medal Podium!
While athletes gather together to vie for gold in Beijing, you can earn your spot on the podium right at your local rink, simply by practicing your skating skills!
Print out the medal podium activity or download the Learn to Skate USA® App before you head to the rink. Once your skates are on and you’re warmed up, you can start working to earn your spot on the podium. Here’s how:
- Pick three skills that need practice and write them on the lines to the left of the chart. If you’re using the app, add the three skills to your practice tracker for the day.
- Practice each skill 10 times and give each attempt a score of 1 to 5 (five being the best). If the skill can be practiced on both feet, do five attempts on each side. On the app, you can track the times you practice and the overall rating of each skill in your practice tracker.
- If you’re using the printable activity, tall up your points from all three skills and write your overall score in the box below the chart. On the app, simply swipe right when you complete practicing each skill.
- On the printed activity, refer to the medal chart to see whether you earned a gold, silver or bronze medal!
- Share your results on social media using the hashtags #LearnToSkateUSA and #NationalSkatingMonth.
Download the printable activity here.
If you don’t have the Learn to Skate USA® app, you can learn more about downloading it here.
2022 National Skating Month is the perfect time to start your skating journey. Whether you have dreams of Olympic glory or simply want to learn how to ice skate, Learn to Skate USA® is the place to start. Learn more about National Skating Month and find a free skating event near you at NationalSkatingMonth.com.