Zero Maker Fees on LedgerX for all contracts — futures, options and next-day BTC!
Starting September 18, 2020, all participants who enter a resting order on the LedgerX central order book pay zero fees if the order is executed. Our Zero Maker Fee is available to all traders and for all of LedgerX’s signature products:
- BTC next day mini swaps
- BTC mini futures
- BTC mini options
Zach Dexter, CEO, commented: “By eliminating maker fees, we are incentivizing traders who provide liquidity and creating a more dynamic exchange for all participants. This is yet another step in our journey to become a market leader for bitcoin derivatives.”
That’s right, zero fees for placing orders at ledgerX.
- Want to buy call options? Place a resting buy order for 10 BTC mini call option contracts. ZERO FEES.
- Want to sell 0.15 bitcoin? Place a resting order for our BTC mini swap and pay ZERO FEES (compared to 1–2% plus at other exchanges!)
You get the idea; Zero Maker Fees on all contracts, all the time.
About Maker Fees
Maker and taker fees are common in most exchanges. Makers are participants that provide liquidity to a market by providing a firm quote on the central order book to buy/sell at a certain price. Takers are participants that remove liquidity from a market by executing against a firm quote that a maker has placed on the central order book. Most crypto exchanges have higher taker fees than maker fees to encourage liquidity and balance the contributions of participants to the market community.
LedgerX’s new Zero Maker Fee structure is designed to be fair to market participants and encourage market liquidity and the growth of our trading community.
LedgerX is a bitcoin futures, options and swaps exchange, headquartered in New York City and regulated by the US Commodity Futures Trading Commission (CFTC). LedgerX is available 24x7x365 and offers physical settlement of all contracts and block trading and marketing making opportunities for institutional investors. Since launching in 2017, LedgerX has cleared over 10 million options and swaps contracts.
LedgerX pioneered the bitcoin mini contracts in the US. Our mini contracts have an underlying notional of 0.01 BTC, enabling granular trading and ensuring market scalability as bitcoin prices trend upwards.
We offer three signature products:
- Bitcoin Mini Futures (Just Launched!) — listed for the next 2 months and the next 2 quarters; physically settled at maturity
- Bitcoin Mini Options — weekly and monthly listings of European style call and put options that are exercisable at expiration for physical settlement
- Bitcoin Mini Swaps — swap bitcoin for dollars, or dollars for bitcoin, on a peer-to-peer basis with low fees of $5 per Bitcoin. Contracts settle daily at 4PM Eastern Time.