One of my newest addictions this summer are soaked breakfasts. The possibilities are endless. From chia pudding, to overnight oats, I love them all.
Bircher muesli was a obvious experiment after so many tries with overnight oats. It’s perfect for summer, refreshing, and it’s ready for you to enjoy in the morning.
Ingredients (serves 1):
You have to use 1 part of oats for 1 part of liquids, so:
- 50g rolled oats
- 1/2 cup + 2 tbsp apple-strawberry juice
- 1 soy yogurt (125ml)
- 1 apple, small, coarsely grated
- a pinch cinnamon
I used a cold pressed juice, with nothing but fruit. You can even do it yourself, with any variations you want. My advice though is that you use a juice that contains apple.
- Coarsely grate the small apple.
- In a bowl, add the oats along with the grated apple.
- Add the juice and mix everything so the liquids start being absorbed.
- Add the yogurt and cinnamon and repeat the process.
- Let the bowl sit in the fridge overnight.
In the morning, spread some cacao nibs and coconut flakes on top, and add some fresh strawberries.