How I’ve used the Continuum’s compensation package
Posted by Leo Soto on December 2nd, 2009.
Yesterday I posted about what I called the Continuum’s compensation package. It sounds cool, and it is cool. That said, I think that the only way to make it real is to use what’s being offered. For example, among other things, I have:
- Talked with them when I started, to not work strictly full time. I have a thesis to finish.
- Learned to pair-program, among other agile practices. And continue doing so.
- Took my share of responsibility on what we do as a company and how we do it.
- Took the opportunity (and challenge!) of working with Hashrocket!
- Played a key role to form the Dynamic Languages group and also try to be as involved on it as my time permits.
Honestly, it has been much more fun than expected!
Originally published at techblog.leosoto.com on December 2, 2009.