Writing For Lessons From History.
Why would you become a writer for Lessons From History?
Lessons from History is a Medium Publication all about History, Wars, Culture And Us Humans in History. We are really looking for writers who want to speak up and deliver up-to-date content, and if you like to write on these topics, please contribute!
Publishing in a publication like Lessons From History allows you to reach a broader audience and earn money through the Medium Partner Program. You also remain the only owner of your work, following the Medium Terms of Service that you agree to when establishing a Medium account.
Before submitting your article, there are a few essential things you need to know. Make sure you read each point well and understand them, as by submitting an article to LFH, you agree to comply with all of them.
- Medium’s Rules and Terms of Service apply to Lessons From History as it is a Medium publication. Make sure you read it before submitting your article.
- As explained in Medium’s Terms of Service, you own the rights to the content you create and post on Medium and, therefore, Lessons From History. You’re also responsible for the content you post. This means you assume all risks related to it, including someone else’s reliance on its accuracy or claims relating to intellectual property or other legal rights.
- We might directly edit your content to correct basic spelling mistakes and update minimal formatting.
- We can remove any articles you post on Lessons From History for any reason. If we do so, your content will not be lost but still hosted on Medium.com and redirected there.
- If our editorial team finds one or more violations of our rules, we can remove you and all of your articles from our publication and report them to Medium.
Try to keep a formal writing style that is descriptive and interesting for the reader. Using complex words is great, although not required.
We incline towards keeping a clean and premium look to our articles, so please avoid adding any links to other articles that are not mandatory. Before submitting an article, please look at various articles within the publication to get a feeling for the sort of articles and writers we are after.
Make sure to use one picture or photo between the title and the main body. The image that you use must be copyright-free. The image between the title/subtitle and the main body will be the article's featured photo. If possible, we want you to use images/pictures that give an accurate representation of the article's context.
Use subheadings across your article to break it up and make it more readable for our audience. This is even more important for pieces over 1000 words.
We prefer to have a reference list at the end of the article with relevant sources that can support your work and credibility.
Once you have submitted your draft, it will be edited in the next 24 to 48 hours and published the next day, depending on the number of articles scheduled to publish ahead.
How do you submit an article?
To become a writer, please send your article using our Submission Form.
Interested in History?
Are you interested in History? Check out this new publication called History in Context: