5 Most Popular Microsoft Excel Posts!
Top Viewed Posts from My Medium blog
If you would like a e-book (PDF) of these posts to keep (think mobile…), you can get it here!
Most business professionals (maybe 99%…?:-)) use Excel as part of their job! One thing I have learned is Excel is almost a guaranteed popular post! The 5 posts highlighted below have had a total of over 28,000 views.
Here are my top 5 based on # of views on Medium:
In summary? Three main changes to my typical Excel use:
- Stopped using the Excel Ribbon Menu whenever possible (Right click mouse button for shortcut menu and Quick Access Toolbar instead).
- Stopped using the mouse (and shift to keyboard shortcuts when feasible).
- Stopped sharing the Excel workbook with others when all they need is the output (use PDF / digital document instead).
DO NOT be intimidated by macros. Implementing a “PrintToPDF” macro will save you a TON of time.
A broad view of my favorite techniques to maximize productivity in daily Excel use:
- Favorite recommended Excel Add-in
- Quick Access Toolbar
- Pivot Tables for data analysis
- Excel templates
- Developing a personal macro workbook
“On a mission to challenge the status quo to a more productive and effective end…”
Don is passionate about helping professionals and organizations keep up and adapt to the changing business world that we operate in.
One lesson learned over the years is that all of us, regardless of organization type or size, struggle with similar issues — primarily information management, organization, presentation, and effective use of our time. Let’s change that…one person at a time!