I had a conversation with Annabel Acton from Inc. and she wrote up a piece on my 5 rules of effective collaboration
- Get aligned — understanding why you are doing what you are doing and having a group with shared belief
- Get structured — not just throwing a group in a room together but being thoughtful about plan and accountabilities
- Get diverse — making space for variety of voices to uncover the complexity of the issue
- Get active — moving from ideas/direction/strategy to action/experiments
- Get human — thinking about building relationships and connections so there is resilience and team spirit
It will come as no surprise to those of you familiar with our work at Let’s Go that these five rules relate to the model that sits at the heart of all of our work. And is found in the #collaborationcards – a practical tool used by 1000+ leaders for finding the conversations that move groups forwards.