Types of Manuals
by Bradley Nice, Content Manager at ClickHelp — all-in-one help authoring tool
One of the most widely-spread types of technical documentation is manual. Nowadays, practically everything that surrounds us has a manual. Whether we use a mobile phone or buy a kitchen gadget. Manuals help customers, and technical specialists use and maintain products and devices. They help managers develop their companies. But do we know all kinds of manuals that exist? Let us see!
- Service manual — helps technicians and other trained people service, maintain, and repair equipment. It usually contains information on the problems and breakages that may occur and guidelines on how to fix them.
- User manual — assists people to use a particular system or device. It provides instructions for both skilled and unskilled users for setup, operation, and maintenance of a product. It may have precautions and problem guidelines.
- Operation manual — provides guidance for the staff to perform their functions correctly and efficiently. It describes what and how should be done, which is especially important for the quality of goods and services. Moreover, it contributes to the safety of products and services.
- Training manual — contains instructions to improve the quality of performed tasks and processes. It is aimed at teaching and upgrading the skills of employees. It can be used as a reference document in the workplace or by a trainer to revise the material.
- Policy manual — contains policy guidelines, rules, resolutions, and procedures of a company. It helps the management run the business and make decisions; it regulates the course of development of a company.
- Organizational manual — describes positions in the company, their responsibilities, duties, functions, relations. In other words, it defines job descriptions and functions of all employees in a company, which enables it to perform all the functions in an effective way.
- Administrative practice manual — gives standard methods and procedures for the personnel to fulfill the functions and cooperate effectively. It may contain instructions for different departments or guidelines for corporate correspondence. Sometimes, it may contain instructions on how to improve the knowledge and skills of the employee.
Here are the most popular types of manuals that you can meet. Of course, you may come across some other types, but this information is enough for you to have the basic knowledge on the topic. I hope you find it helpful!
Have a nice day!
Bradley Nice, Content Manager at ClickHelp.com — best online documentation tool for SaaS vendors